Super Jerome

[GUIDE] Server Owner w/ infiSTAR, Eden & DMS

39 posts in this topic

This is a guide geared for all server owners new and semi experienced. There is material dedicated just for hosting servers as well as more advance material for all server owners.  There is also a detailed explanation of the infiSTAR AntiHack and Admin Tools installation.  I made this guide to hopefully decrease the amount of "I'm Stuck" post on the forums.  If you think I should change or add something let me know.  There will be additions in the future.

The instructions on installing infiSTAR AntiHack and AdminTools starts on page 17 of the guide.

Server Owner Guide v2.0

READ THE GUIDE BEFORE CONTACTING ME. If you need help with something, I will provide assistance. However, don't contact me with a question that I covered in my guide. Also, set up a Altis server before you try to tackle a map like Chenarus.

Note: The links that send you to pages inside of the guide itself don't work unless you download the guide.

Future Updates:

Customizing Exile Settings

Chenarus Redux Setup

CHANGE LOG:

Spoiler

v2.0 (11 Nov 20170

Added creating DMS static AI mission with sample files.

v1.8 (30 Sep 2017)

Updated Eden section to reflect latest ARMA updates.

v1.7 (8 Jan 2017)

Adjusted the standard Exile install.

v1.6 (8 Jan 2017)

Added section for creating new traders in Eden Editor.

v1.5 (4 Jan 2017)

Added a Eden Editor section including map spawn points.

v1.4 (2 Jan 2017)

Finished the BE Filters section

v1.3 (28 Dec 2016)

Added a sample server.cfg and BE Filters (incomplete)

v1.2 (27 Dec 2016)

Added a note for infiSTAR installation for serverCommandPassword

v1.1 (26 Dec 2016)

Added a section for server security and the server.cfg

Edited by Super Jerome
Added Traders to Eden Editor section
  • Like 13

Advertisement

It took me a long time to learn how to run a server and i am still learning new things now, so the guide you just created will be a massive help to new server owners :) 

• Like 1

I keep seeing post about new owners asking for help, and sometimes they get it.  What I see most is veteran owners chastising them.  I mean some of them do come across wrong asking for people to do it for them, however, I feel we should help them out.  We were all there at one point.

Edited by Super Jerome
  • Like 2

Very true indeed, and the more help you receive the more help you wish to give i find, unfortunately you find very gifted people but with bad attitudes that like to show the world how great they are by stomping on the little guys.

• Like 3

Advertisement