Dododk

Edit Exile Australia map in arma 3

7 posts in this topic

Advertisement

You WANT to get 2 Addons if you want to really do map Edits right M3Editor - Eden, and 3Den.   If you want to place traders with the editor you'll need to use one of them to export the data.  Arma3 Editor isn't made to have traders in it.  That's an Exile feature, so you'll need those addons to make up for the stuff Arma 3 doesn't usualy have;  Traders, Safe Zones, Spawn Zones/Points, Ect Ect. 

You can hop on my TS, and I can help you understand some of it.  As It took me a while just scrubbing the forums.  People assume a higher level of knowledge then most people start with, and their responses don't typically help unless you have a better understanding of Exile. 

216.105.171.14:10056

Edited by Psymon

26 minutes ago, Psymon said:

You need to get 2 Addons if you want to really do map Edits right M3Editor - Eden, and 3Den.   If you want to place traders with the editor you'll need to use one of them to export the data.  Arma3 Editor isn't made to have traders in it.  That's an Exile feature, so you'll need those addons to make up for the stuff Arma 3 doesn't usualy have;  Traders, Safe Zones, Spawn Zones/Points, Ect Ect. 

You can hop on my TS, and I can help you understand some of it.  As It took me a while just scrubbing the forums.  People assume a higher level of knowledge then most people start with, and their responses don't typically help unless you have a better understanding of Exile. 

216.105.171.14:10056

This information is not accurate. M3Editor was created to make it easier for you to place and move 3D objects around. You can do everything in Arma 3 map editor.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Beowulfv said:

This information is not accurate. M3Editor was created to make it easier for you to place and move 3D objects around. You can do everything in Arma 3 map editor.

What's not accurate?   M3Editor has Export Traders feature.  Unless he plans on putting everything client side.  Those addons are a great help, specially for somebody who isn't totally proficient at editing things in via Text Editor.  M3Editor has Export Traders feature. 

The only thing I put client side is my traders, and zones.  The rest goes server side, so people don't just take my design and use it on their server. 

Also, with the other addon you can export the init files.  You cannot do that without it.  How does the 3d editor export init files?

See what I mean about most posts not being helpful? 

Edited by Psymon

57 minutes ago, Beowulfv said:

Like I said, everything can be done with Armas standard editor. It just takes more time.

This is totally misleading.  NOT everything can be done in the 3d Editor.   Without those addons, MOST of the work is done in TEXT editor.   Those addons take away the need to use the Arma's Standard Eden Editor and place "place holders" then go in and change the text code with exile's format, adding lines removing lines ect.  

I really don't understand what the POINT of your trolling here was.  I pointed out some very helpful addons.   Your point is that you don't "NEED" them?  Well to that end, you don't NEED the 3D Editor.  You can do it all by code.  Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.  The two addons I mentioned take a LOT of the Mystery out of safe zones.  No longer do you need to place an ellipse, then edit in the text editor.  The plug in gives you the Exile code to add the safe zone.  The spawn zones as well.. with the editor in the stock form there's very little explanation as to how a marker becomes a spawn icon, and so on and so forth.  Further, it adds features that the 3d Editor doesn't have.  You cannot export init files without an addon. 

Please try to remain helpful to people when they ask questions.  Arma3 and Exile's community has a reputation that in the past year has been under assault, by people who try to build up their post count without contributing anything.   If you weren't able to be helpful to the OP why bother? 

Advertisement