GolovaRaoul

Viewing Active Server Threads

7 posts in this topic

Hello,

When our server is at full load we have 23 server threads running. I want to look up what are these threads, and take action against them (removing/modifying script, etc...). I did see a guy on the forums who had something which returns active threads in a log file in the arma folder, but I forgot where the post was, and I don't know what tool he was using to do that. Can someone enlighten me?

Thanks for responding ^^
GolovaRaoul

I noticed after adding A3XAI my thread counts went up from 8ish to 20ish, and my average CPU% went up from 20% to 60%.    I also saw on another thread someone mention something about A3XAi vs DMS and thread counts.

So other than seeing  more threads than you have cores, is there a performance problem?   I would like to toss out the idea that unless your riding a >85% Cpu% and lagging because of it, then the extra threads may be helping you get more work out of your available processing power. 

Advertisement
On 8-11-2016 at 9:44 PM, Korwiin said:

I noticed after adding A3XAI my thread counts went up from 8ish to 20ish, and my average CPU% went up from 20% to 60%.    I also saw on another thread someone mention something about A3XAi vs DMS and thread counts.

So other than seeing  more threads than you have cores, is there a performance problem?   I would like to toss out the idea that unless your riding a >85% Cpu% and lagging because of it, then the extra threads may be helping you get more work out of your available processing power. 

Never tested A3XAI myself, but I heard it eats performance.

And yes, we're riding at 85% CPU. But Arma does not seem to utilize the other 15%. I don't think it's even possible to do that.

If you want to view active SERVER threads, use this:

It contains a "proces reporter", which exactly shows you server FPS, active threads and what those threads are exactly. Very usefull

Advertisement