Bocyphus

Server IP Address Change

5 posts in this topic

Hello Bocyphus,

The info you mention is in a text file, in the mission PBO most likely, find that file and change it!  Re-PBO your mission file and it is done!

Easiest way if you do not know the file name is to search all files for the old IP.

Better yet, do a 'search and replace'.  I use 'TextCrawler' for stuff such as this as well as other updates.  Quick, simple, and it works!  This will check all files and replace all instances of the IP, for it might be elsewhere too and you forgot/did not know it.

See:  https://www.digitalvolcano.co.uk/textcrawler.html

:)

Advertisement

That may be.  I know it does not show on my XM8 and I do not use that service.  So either it is there or you have an script that is inserting it.  Thus, why I said use that program and it will go thru ALL of your files looking for it.

If not on your HDD, then it is in the 'service' somehow and I have no knowledge of that.

Sorry!

:)

We had a hardware failure and had to move our 3 servers to a new machine which means a new IP address. Has anyone successfully updated their XM8 admin console to work with IP changes?  We have many users linked and do not want to force everyone to reconfigure their XM8 app.  Please advise. 

Advertisement