Dead Pool

[SOLVED] CBA Requirement

4 posts in this topic

Ok, Quick question. Do you have to have CBA on the server? I am using it only because one of my mods requires it. but as for the server cfg. Do I have to have it?  it is causing more issues then I like ever since I've updated it. Issues range from Server FPS dropping down to 2 fps. to random Disconnects.  These were not issues until I added the updated CBA. I would like to hear your guys opinion on the matter.  

Hello,

CBA is NOT required for exile.

There is a setting in  one of the config files (I THINK, config.cpp) that you can set exile to 'work with' CBA.  I would highly suggest you enable this setting.

What happens if you do not?  I do not know myself.  I know the devs said/recommend  'enable it if using CBA', so I set it.

Open the config.cpp file or any other config file and search for 'CBA'.  You will find it and it is (by default) noted in the remarks how to set it.  VERY simple.

As with any file change(s), back it up first, then change whichever file it is, save it and restart you server!  The end!

Easy as pie!

Good luck!

:)

Edited by Z80CPU

Advertisement
13 hours ago, Z80CPU said:

Hello,

CBA is NOT required for exile.

There is a setting in  one of the config files (I THINK, config.cpp) that you can set exile to 'work with' CBA.  I would highly suggest you enable this setting.

What happens if you do not?  I do not know myself.  I know the devs said/recommend  'enable it if using CBA', so I set it.

Open the config.cpp file or any other config file and search for 'CBA'.  You will find it and it is (by default) noted in the remarks how to set it.  VERY simple.

As with any file change(s), back it up first, then change whichever file it is, save it and restart you server!  The end!

Easy as pie!

Good luck!

:)

I think what Z80CPU is talking about is the Config file in the ExileServer.pbo . That is there IF you run CBA. The only time you NEED to run CBA is if you are running CUP_Weapons, CUP_Units, CUP_Vehicles, or CUP_Compatibility. If you are simply running the two CUP_Terrains mods in order to run the Chernarus map, you do NOT need to worry about CBA.

Also about your random Disconnects. If you are seeing more players getting kicked when you add a new mod to your server, lets use TRYK for an example, you should add a requirement for them in your mission.sqm file which can be found in your mission.pbo (Exile.Chernarus, Exile.Tanoa Exile.AnyThingYouWantToNameIt). Now when it comes to the mission.sqm files, there are two formats floating around today. The new way of doing things, and the old way. 

The old way requires you to define your map four times, and your mods two times. Map mods are defined (Called) twice at the top, and twice at the bottom. Since we are on the topic of CUP, I will use Chernarus. You will need to add cup_chernarus_config twice near the top, and twice near the bottom. 

Now we can declare our mods. You can open your mods folder for a required addon tha fits that mod. For TRYK we can see that tryk_backpack is in the addons folder. So when we add that to the mission.sqm, any player joining will be checked for that specific addon. If he/she does not posses that addon, they will get a notification of what addons they are missing and sent out of the server. 

When we do not add some of these fail-safes to our server, players will be able to join regardless. This will cause them to not be able to see certain items in the store for purchase, and they will be randomly kicked at random times. Usually in 2 to 10 minute intervals.

You can find other methods in the "Script" section the forums for other ways to ensure your players have the correct mods before gaining entry to your server.

Edited by Beowulfv

Advertisement