Must have a mic and have discord

Must have at least 200 hours on a3

Age is not a problem for me!

If you want to apply just join my discord server

https://discord.gg/enbmgvY

Edited by hk45

Advertisement

You got 2 great pieces of advice which you refuse to follow:

"as advice; 2000 hours are the required hours of arma 3 that you should ask people to be admins"

" You also might tell abit about your project, the server, the peoples involved so far, avg. users online - eu? ca? us? ru? pvp? pve?"

Then in your posting:

"Age is not a problem for me!"

This along with the 200 hours, means your server will be run by people 'much younger' than myself and a lot of others.  In most cases, a 30 year old person does not wish to deal with 13 year olds.  A 50 year old usually will not wish to deal with 20 something year olds.

Age typically denotes one's level of maturity.  The younger one is, the more immature they are.

While I cannot speak for others, I can say that for ME, this is a server where I would not wish to help nor wish to play on.  The posting itself and what you requested make me wonder if the server would even be around in 2 months.

...Things to ponder on...

:)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Z80CPU said:

You got 2 great pieces of advice which you refuse to follow:

"as advice; 2000 hours are the required hours of arma 3 that you should ask people to be admins"

" You also might tell abit about your project, the server, the peoples involved so far, avg. users online - eu? ca? us? ru? pvp? pve?"

Then in your posting:

"Age is not a problem for me!"

This along with the 200 hours, means your server will be run by people 'much younger' than myself and a lot of others.  In most cases, a 30 year old person does not wish to deal with 13 year olds.  A 50 year old usually will not wish to deal with 20 something year olds.

Age typically denotes one's level of maturity.  The younger one is, the more immature they are.

While I cannot speak for others, I can say that for ME, this is a server where I would not wish to help nor wish to play on.  The posting itself and what you requested make me wonder if the server would even be around in 2 months.

...Things to ponder on...

Dont want to be rude man but i dont think age is a factor when we are talking about server staff. i also do not believe that hours on arma represents a persons ability to help people, just my two cents 

Oh poo...I do not think you're being rude!  :) 

The other guys and myself are just trying to be honest with ya!  :)

Age and server staff?  Yes it does.  You notice the other person thinks the same.  Even in the law, this is reflected.  In the United States, a person who is under 18 cannot sign a contract nor vote, due to the 'immaturity' of the age.  Granted, there is always an exception to the rules.  99% of the time, there is no exception.

The hours in ARMA DOES make a difference.  How can someone help a person if they do not understand how to do it themselves?  If you have never worked on a car before, how could you get and KEEP a job as a mechanic?  You would not and could not.

Hours reflect knowledge and experience.  As in real life, some people go to collage and are still idiots when they come out.

Again, with experience and age, this will help create the best staff member you can find.  I do not know how many people I have heard leaving servers because 'kids' run it.

A 13 year old with 200 hours under their belt is not the 'best'.  "Oh, I like to help you, but my mommy wants me!"

Remember, for the most part, all of the exile servers are pretty much the same.  VEMF, DMS, towing, rappelling, etc.  What is one thing that separates them from each other?  An ACTIVE and PROFESSIONAL staff.

If you want to BE THE BEST, you have to ACT LIKE THE BEST and DEMAND THE BEST.

• Like 3

Time and age does matter on a server hek i only have these mu=ch hours of arma cuz i was an Admin on 2 servers and was a Serverscripter for an 3rd server, how i got to 3000+ hours hell you gotta test what you write and test wether or not stuff on the server works.

Every1 who starts with a server never has more than 1000+ hours  ( talking about newbies )

2nd Age does matter i had a couple of lower admins on 1 server which they all where younger ( youngest was 16) and having the ability to teleport is fun, but with power comes responsibility ( yes spiderman is right ) and players can complain that there's admin-abuse even in an PvE server. now from experience how does a 16yr old handles that compared to a 32yr old, waaay differentely.

9 hours ago, Crazy Mike said:

it all just depends on the individual, some people have better morals / responsibility no matter their age or playtime, although more usually gives them the edge, but it still doesn't mean there better then someone new. I'd hold off and find a player who seems right for the job later on down the line.

couldn't Agree more. That's even how i started being an admin, played on the server became friends with the owner and poof admin, learning to script ( still get headaches and Nightmares from that time when i think about it ).

• Like 2

Advertisement