BetterDeadThanZed

Weapons crashing clients

22 posts in this topic

I've had numerous players on my server complain that some weapons crash their client when they fire. I've told them to report it here and say what weapon they are using, but apparently that is too much effort for them.

So, is anyone experiencing a client crash when firing any weapon? I had it happen to me once. As I was about to shoot a zombie, I pressed the fire button and my game crashed. I didn't think about it being unusual. It's Arma 3 after all, so I didn't pay attention to what weapon I was using. Any help or input on this?

Advertisement

Yes, I've experienced this first hand with any native Exile weapon.  So did a bunch of other players on my server. It was so prevalent I took all exile weapons out of my server for a month or so.

The problem went away with either the Arma 1.62 release or the Exile 1.0.1 release.

We are currently having this issue on a Cherno server, also a weird weapon glitch where the barrel floats in the air

I think its the glitch that causes the client to crash

What Mods\Addons\Scripts do you have installed?

I have striped our Cherno server back to basic's and adding them back in one by one to see if I can find the issue 

I had a similar issue the other day...

I was playing a mission using the Cyrus, the game freezed then the textures looked 8bit and FPS dropped to 6fps :/ server fps was still 49 fps?

Checked my PC temps n so on and was all in the norm :/ something is broken lol

Kappa

I've been having this problem for several months now when shooting weapons with a high rate of fire like the GAU-8 Auto cannon on the CUP A-10. The terrain would suddenly bug out with 1-5fps like what Kappa Slappa described. This happens on both my home linux server and dedicated windows server.

Also nothing really in my client and server logs but rpt spam :( 

edit: what it looks like ↓

107410_20161125061901_1.png

Edited by berserker_x86

Advertisement