dropcmd

BUG! Frozen loading screen...

Question

After joining a server I encountered a blue screen (reason is known: heavy overclock) and after the crash I can't go on the very same server even after waiting for a lot longer than usual. Please help, I don't know what to do. Is it a simple fix? In the meantime I'll be reinstalling Exile and the server addons. Thanks for your time.

CPU: i7 6700k, GPU: 980ti, RAM: 16GM

20160922172319_1.jpg

29 answers to this question

Advertisement

@pmcc86 if those other players have not allowed Arma3 to update, perhaps because they have not closed Arma3 and had to start it again in Steam in the last few hours, then yes, they would still be able to play on the server that also has not yet updated Arma3.

2 minutes ago, souredsoup said:

@pmcc86 if those other players have not allowed Arma3 to update, perhaps because they have not closed Arma3 and had to start it again in Steam in the last few hours, then yes, they would still be able to play on the server that also has not yet updated Arma3.

It's around the time the server starts to fill up so I'll find out later.

19 minutes ago, souredsoup said:

so there are people with different version playing on the same server?

@dropcmd You can't really tell for certain about that. I am basing my suggestion around the fact that Steam will not be able to update a game this is launched and with A3Launcher (if it is being used) will trigger the game to be launched according to Steam even if it isn't actually running yet. This notification to Steam would be enough to prevent Arma3 from updating, yet a player can login and out from the server and even close the actual game window for Arma3 without the status of the game changing in Steam.

1 minute ago, souredsoup said:

@dropcmd You can't really tell for certain about that. I am basing my suggestion around the fact that Steam will not be able to update a game this is launched and with A3Launcher (if it is being used) will trigger the game to be launched according to Steam even if it isn't actually running yet. This notification to Steam would be enough to prevent Arma3 from updating, yet a player can login and out from the server and even close the actual game window for Arma3 without the status of the game changing in Steam.

UPDATE: Reinstalled ArmA3 and all the Exile files. No changes, still the same screen.

The version mismatch is the only reasonable explanation for this. Guess the blue screen was great timing... >:(

Thanks for the information and your help. Guess have to wait until all players/servers are synchronized with their files...

Advertisement