Jclark919

Australia Map

13 posts in this topic

Advertisement

If Exile could theoretically handle 200 slots then australia would make sense. But if you're just using it for a private group with friends for maybe 20-30 slots then you can have some fun i suppose but it takes 40 min to go from side to the other in a sport hatchback and not crash.

I was curious about the map so I played on a server that was running Exile+Australia last weekend. My thoughts were, "this map is beautiful." The buildings are so detailed, working elevators, bars, fast food joints, post office, police barracks, etc. After awhile I realized that it is a huge map with very few buildings. Even Sydney is small. My feeling was that this feels too sterile. Everything looks brand spanking new. However, it is a work in progress and I give props to the map maker. Good job! I hope he continues to develop it.

On 9/20/2016 at 8:09 PM, Jclark919 said:

Has anyone ever tried to adapt exile to work on this map?  Yes i know it has CUP core which required CBA and we all hate CBA but it looks like a beautiful map 

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=485417177

My friend and I worked this out (had a server 85% done) then the black sky appeared and hasn't been fixed.  The map is great IMO with some reworking (map edits)

On 9/21/2016 at 7:15 AM, Flosstradamus said:

If Exile could theoretically handle 200 slots then australia would make sense. But if you're just using it for a private group with friends for maybe 20-30 slots then you can have some fun i suppose but it takes 40 min to go from side to the other in a sport hatchback and not crash.

back in the original DayZ days, it literally took 45 minutes to run from one side of the map to the other.  The map is good if the server owner wants to add in a militarized aspect.  Jets are very feasible and playable due to the size of the map.  

Advertisement