DCactivity

Players having difficultly spawning?

Question

I've noticed on my server that players are joining for a few minutes then leaving without actually spawning. Earlier I actually spawned as a motionless bird in the sky on spawn so im wondering if this is what is happening to players. If anyone wants to join the server and see if this happens (because i spawn normally now) then here is the server listing link.  Any help would be welcomed!

Thanks!

11 answers to this question

Did you edit your server_config.pbo and edit the config? there is a section for CBA that you need to change both 0s to 1 to allow CBA to run.

Without, new people can't get added to the database and will get bambi creation timeout and kicked.

Also QGS host the database on the same box as the server, If your getting more issues contact support and they will assist you further! :)

Not heard of spawning as a bird, I have heard of people spawning and just seeing grass or something. Their player just hasn't loaded from the DB yet and can sometimes get stuck in this state - Reconnecting should fix the issue but there could be other underlying things that cause cause the problem to persist

Advertisement

thats the problem, I don't know what the issue is exactly, i know for a fact players are having trouble joining, because they always spawn in the same place and their name is red on the infistar admin menu. they will stay like that for about a minute then vanish.

11 hours ago, DCactivity said:

thats the problem, I don't know what the issue is exactly, i know for a fact players are having trouble joining, because they always spawn in the same place and their name is red on the infistar admin menu. they will stay like that for about a minute then vanish.

This happens to me on some CUP Terrains maps but not on Altis or Stratis.  It also happens on one of my servers but not the other one.

It seems to be that the player spawns into an Exile_Unit_GhostPlayer position on the map (as they should) but their character never loads from the DB and they never progress from just staring at the grass in that spot.  If you suicide at that point you'll find that you can respawn directly into your character at its last saved point in the database.  Weird.

Some short timeout on the DB request perhaps?  Is your DB on the same box as your server or is it remote?

8 hours ago, speedweasel said:

Is your DB on the same box as your server or is it remote?

I have no idea, im renting a server via QGS, i know ive got access to a DB but im not exactly excited about fiddling with it

On 8/14/2016 at 1:03 AM, DCactivity said:

I've noticed on my server that players are joining for a few minutes then leaving without actually spawning. Earlier I actually spawned as a motionless bird in the sky on spawn so im wondering if this is what is happening to players. If anyone wants to join the server and see if this happens (because i spawn normally now) then here is the server listing link.  Any help would be welcomed!

Thanks!

What terrain/map are you running?

Advertisement