Caatalyst

Recommended Vehicles

8 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone!

Been playing quite a while now but haven't touched 90% of the vehicles. To be honest I've pretty much settled on the Quillin as it has descent armour, storage, seats and handles well except for slowing down.

What vehicles do people use or recommend? I see a lot of black SUVs but they don't have much armour. I blew someones head off in one shot while they slowed down at about 100 meters distance.

Advertisement

I love the BTR-90, since I go solo 95% of the time. 4 weapons in the gunner's seat to choose from: 30mm main cannon, AP or HE rounds, 2 speeds; 7.62mm coaxial; missile launcher that follows your crosshairs; 40mm GMG.

The Tunguska is ridiculously OP for an AA tank: 30mm autocannons that automatically lead targets when locked-on & 8 AA missiles that can target and kill up to 7.3km away, if not more. (I do have screenshots of me getting AA missile kills on AI at nearly 7.3km!)

For aircraft, I love the Apache Ground-Suppression variant: 20mm chain gun and 72 dumbfire missiles. Chaingun for other helicopters, missiles for ground targets.

You can't lose with a push-bike.

Positives:

• Blows up any other vehicle with a simple head-on collision.
  • Costs nothing (on most servers)
  • Basically a land mine if left in the middle of the road.

Negatives:

• Doesn't have any, it's a tank.
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, UBEChief said:

I love the BTR-90, since I go solo 95% of the time. 4 weapons in the gunner's seat to choose from: 30mm main cannon, AP or HE rounds, 2 speeds; 7.62mm coaxial; missile launcher that follows your crosshairs; 40mm GMG.

The Tunguska is ridiculously OP for an AA tank: 30mm autocannons that automatically lead targets when locked-on & 8 AA missiles that can target and kill up to 7.3km away, if not more. (I do have screenshots of me getting AA missile kills on AI at nearly 7.3km!)

For aircraft, I love the Apache Ground-Suppression variant: 20mm chain gun and 72 dumbfire missiles. Chaingun for other helicopters, missiles for ground targets.

Sounds like you don't have an eye for balance, I guess it's fine for admin use, but otherwise, nah

1 hour ago, Taylor Swift said:

I wish that was a lie :(

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Taylor Swift said:

Positives:

• Blows up any other vehicle with a simple head-on collision.
  • Costs nothing (on most servers)
  • Basically a land mine if left in the middle of the road.

Negatives:

• Doesn't have any, it's a tank.

Fuck those damn bikes, seriously. They will literally kill you regardless if you drive into them, or have a friend that's turning the damn thing at less than 3kph next to you :/

2 hours ago, Steelius said:

Sounds like you don't have an eye for balance, I guess it's fine for admin use, but otherwise, nah

I'm not an admin of any server, I just play on one that has access to all those vehicles, lol. Who needs balance when they're being used for base defense against AI? :P Although I do like using my Apache against mission AI, too ^^

• Like 1

On the CCG server there isn't a huge amount of choice for vehicles. I'm sticking with the Quillin for now as it seems to have superior armour and aside from the not very responsive breaks, handles pretty well.

Advertisement