Cael817

Welcome Dialog on player connect

24 posts in this topic

So, as i wanted to relay information to connecting player about rules and whatnot. I wanted something simple they cannot avoid at least seeing briefly.

Make a init.sqf in the mission root if its not there already, if so add to it.

init.sqf

Spoiler

if (hasInterface || isServer) then {
[] call compileFinal preprocessFileLineNumbers "addons\welcome\welcome.sqf";
};

and make a welcome.sqf

addons\welcome\welcome.sqf

Spoiler

//    @file Version: 1.0
//    @file Name: welcome.sqf
//    @file Author: Cael817
//    @file Credits: iCEtIMed, Pain2407
//    @file Info: Shows a informational window when you load into a mission. Based on iCEtIMed's Warning Messages

waitUntil {!isNull (findDisplay 46)};
waitUntil {!dialog};

sleep 6;

_att = format["[Welcome to SNAFU Exile %1]", name player]; //uncomment this if you want the player name in the headline, and comment out the other one
//_att = format["[Welcome to %1]", serverName]; //uncomment this if you want the server name in the headline (needs to be pretty short thou) and comment out the other one.
_att hintC [
    parseText "<t shadow='2'size='1' >Rule #1</t><br/><t shadow='2'size='0.75' >Don't be a dickhead. Harrasment, cheating, griefing, racial slur/insults etc. is not accepted and will result in a permanent ban.</t>",
    parseText "<t shadow='2'size='1' >Rule #2</t><br/><t shadow='2'size='0.75' >You may be in a free fall so hurry up and read this, its in the XM8 if you need it.</t>",
    parseText "<t shadow='2'size='1' >Rule #3</t><br/><t shadow='2'size='0.75' >Use English in side chat(no talking) and keep it civil, rule 1 applies.</t>",
    parseText "<t shadow='2'size='1' >Rule #4</t><br/><t shadow='2'size='0.75' >Have fun =)!</t>",
    parseText "<t shadow='2'size='1' >Info !</t><br/><t shadow='2'size='0.75' >
    You need a GPS or UAV terminal to see your or your vehicles exact position the map.
    <br/>
    Thermals is hopefully disabled.
    <br/>
    This server doesn't hold your hand, If you need that, find another server. I.e. shouting for an admin every 5s will not help and rule 2 applies.
    <br/>
    No, your lost items and money will not be replaced. This is ArmA, deal with it. Crying is done somewhere else.
    <br/>
    However, backups is made every hour so if shit hits the fan, we can go back.
    <br/>
    That being said, try to help out if someone asks, we where all new once, be patient and helpful to other players.
    <br/>
    This is a PVE and PVE server but try to stay away from engagement around the traders, it not nice and frowned upon.
    <br/>
    By clicking ""Continue"", you accept the rules and will not complain, ever!
    </t>" //No comma at the last line =)
];

/* hintC_arr_EH = findDisplay 72 displayAddEventHandler ["unload", { //Uncomment this section if you dont want the hint that follows when you click "continue" Thanks Pain2407
    0 = _this spawn {
        _this select 0 displayRemoveEventHandler ["unload", hintC_arr_EH];
        hintSilent "";
    };
}]; */

This should present you with something like this when you load into the server

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/272850516066670099/0B1C118E0D5456C62700566D2F7B3293F70B37CB/

and if you dont uncomment the last part you will have this hint for about a minute after you press "Continue".

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/272850516066670657/9B75EFB353B27C384310B75555D3B8B2793C2318/

Ofc you can change the paths to whatever you need, in my case i feel that most of this stuff fits in an addon or custom folder(and watch your comma's).

Thanks to @iCEtIMed and @Pain2407 who really made this thingy.

Edited by Cael817
English is not my first language =)
  • Like 13

Advertisement

I've found why, it come from infiSTAR.

12-09-2016 21:23:58 infiSTAR.de | Azazel | Azazel Woo() | Not Allowed Display with idd: 72, parent idd: 46, controls: [Control #101,Control #103,Control #105,Control #102,Control #106,Control #104], controls parent: [Control #1202,Control #11400,Control #1001,Control #1000,Control #11406,Control #1010,Control #102,Control #100,Control #1011,Control #101,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1,Control #-1], control texts: ["Control #101: ","| 3h 39min 10s

Juste need to add Idd 72 in infiSTAR.

Edited by Azazel

On 8/3/2016 at 6:25 AM, Cael817 said:

Ofc you can change the paths to whatever you need, in my case i feel that most of this stuff fits in an addon or custom folder(and watch your comma's).

Thanks to @iCEtIMed and @Pain2407 who really made this thingy.

Hey, awesome script! Ty!

Which part do i uncomment, i tried removing the whole bottom paragraph but that didn't remove the hint.

Screen shot maybe? :)

Thanks in advance

Advertisement