M6mal

freeze when trying to enter spawned vehicle

30 posts in this topic

Hi i have been running Altis with apex etc etc until yesterday and i have now changed to Tanoa and everything went well until...... I saw a spawned Lada so i went to it and i selected get in as driver and nothing, all that happens is that im next to the car and cant move at all, i can choose to look in inventory and change seat to in back but of course im still standing at the side of the vehicle and cannot move, i can relog and all is fine as far as me moving but when i try to get in the car it repeats what i wrote earlier, a friend of mine also had the same problem today on my server. I saw a quadbike and managed to get on that ok as other vehicles. i can even get in a different lada

Advertisement

i am also using DMS and the Occupation add on for roaming ai etc, i altered the DMS_ai_freeze_Only_DMS_AI    =false; setting to true, as a long shot and although i was only on 2 hours after to try it, i managed to get in a spawned lada and drive it and my wife also found one and was able to drive it, might be worth trying but if i or anyone report problems then it will be back to the drawing board

Any fix or solution what cause this??   I cant enter lada or volha at all.  it freezes the player and u need to relog to unfreeze :(  ive tried to  alter the "DMS_ai_freeze_Only_DMS_AI"  but it didnt work.   What ive seen this is lada and volha only. i can enter other cars. 

The issue seems to be with the vehicles, not the map. I've had this happen with any and all of the ported vehicles that have animations (doors opening and stuff). Sometimes they work, sometimes they freeze up.

I've had this same problem but just waiting for like 30 - 60 seconds seems to fix. I think the problem might be within the animation itself. It could be that it waits too long to transition to the next state whether it be Idle or "Closing". At the same time It could be the change from the character going from a "wait until" state to  actually entering the vehicle via regular arma animations. I'm not at my pc right now but I can take a look at this when I get home later.

I'm also having the same issue. Seems putting an item in the inventory to test is the only solution right now. If the item pops back into your inventory its fixed itself and its safe to get back in. A lot of mixed feed back about this issue at the moment. Any help would be appreciated. 

*edit* I just thought i'd add that the server owner had removed DMS and it was still happening. 

Edited by Lupa

my players told me ... put into the vehicle inventory does not fix the problem

P.s if you sit behind the passenger seat, enhances a chance to take the car)

P.sP.s the only server on the map of Australia need help xD

Edited by metiss

A while since anyone replied to this topic but ill put some extra info here for what ive noticed is happening with respect to this problem.

First of all.. its not a animation problem. Its a part of serverlag where the server has to finish loading a number of objects.
What ive noticed is that when you walk up to a vehicle (or TP next to it) it takes a minute or 2 (max 5) for the physics to load in.
Usually when your just walking around and get within 300m (my guess) it loads the physics and the car sort of "falls" on its wheels.
This is the point where the server loaded in the vehicle and the physics assosiated with that vehicle. Thus you can enter.
When this didnt happen yet becouse either the server is slow, there are to many vehicles nearby or you just teleported to it, you will get stuck at the cars door.

The same thing happens when you start parking dozens of vehicles together... when you walk up to this area you will see the physics of all the vehicles kick in and only when your vehicle is loaded in you get the lock/unlock option.
Only time ive seen this lock/unlock problem happening is in 40+ pop servers. But the principle stays the same.
Before entering a vehicle make sure youve been around it for a couple of minutes so it is all properly loaded in.

• Like 1

Advertisement