DarkSideSixOff

New Server Loading Bad

15 posts in this topic

As title suggests, the new version of loading into the server automatically is horrible. Why? Me and a load of other people have grown sick of being kicked by Battleye for "client Not Responding". That's not that bad part. what's bad is that once that error pops up, it freezes the game forcing you the Alt+F4 and re-launch the game which wastes an extraordinary amount of time. This new method of loading into the server is more of a nuisance than it is a benefit. Please look into this.

i dont have this problem when joining servers and get kicked, also with start up prams my Arma boots to in 3-5 seconds to main/server depending on mods loaded

Edited by Sgt Smash
  • Like 1

Advertisement

It's not about start up. It's joining a server that kills. I've been kicked legitimately 60 times today before actually getting in. Also posted on BI forums to get a response to see if it's something on their part, due to Battleye, but it's impossible to get a reply out of them. But it doesn't happen when i'm able to select player slots and join in manually like in Normal Arma. It's just this mod's way of joining servers that i found simply doesn't work for me. Not sure why they changed the loading system anyways, but now it's only made one other thing that's an issue to some people when it worked fine without it.

Edited by DarkSideSixOff

55 minutes ago, Metalman10 said:

I dont know where all these people are getting this issue. Maybe stop using that easy bake oven as your "gaming rig" and buy a better computer, and you wont have these issues..

My rig is i7 -6 core, 16GB ddr3 extreme, SSD, GTX980, 100mb internet running windows7 64 bit ultimate and it happens to me a lot so its not rig related

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Metalman10 said:

I dont know where all these people are getting this issue. Maybe stop using that easy bake oven as your "gaming rig" and buy a better computer, and you wont have these issues..

Ok, give me the money to buy a top notch PC then, otherwise, you really shouldn't tell people what to do when they're giving feedback on a change made for players loading into servers... But i guess you're entitled to your opinion.

The point is, it just needs to be looked as, as it's worse than how it was originally, otherwise i wouldn't have wasted the time to post and check back here about it what so ever.

29 minutes ago, CEN said:

Download this:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/582opsto4mmr8d8/AAD_wPa0KGa8E6V3EWSU7bPXa/162perf4/arma3client_performance_162_137663_v4.7z?dl=0

Rename it arma3.exe and place it in your Arma3 folder.

No more crashes :)

Still crashed. First login was fine, aborted back to the lobby and logged back in, crashed. At least the client seems to be performing better lol

Most people don't look st performance builds or even much beta versions to see if things change. It's done eith almost every game, it's like fine print. No one wants to read patch notes regarding the game they spend so many hours playing.

That being said, I get the memory reference error and division by 0 integer error often. My boot time to loading map is about 15 seconds. I run Arma on a SSD with parameters. It might not evenough be a problem with Exile. It's mostly a problem with Arma.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kobayashi said:

Still crashed. First login was fine, aborted back to the lobby and logged back in, crashed. At least the client seems to be performing better lol

Do you use any parameters when launching?

Advertisement