z3sp

[WIP] Exile Hardcore Server

5 posts in this topic

Hello!

Trawling through the forums, I saw that there was a demand for hardcore/realism servers. Well, your prayers have been answered, because id like to share some exciting news that I am currently working on fulfilling your desires! I would like to make my server unique, that stands out from your average vanilla exile servers, and that Is exactly my mission!

So without further edo, id like to present some features that this server will include:
- Alot of these features require custom coding, so may take some time to be implemented on my end.

Gameplay:
* Server will be locked to 1st person; custom code to be implemented which allows for 3rd person to be enter whilst building/in owned territory for ease, accuracy and simplicity.
* Weather conditions will include fog, rain, thunder, lightning and all that fun jazz, as well as a realtime day/night cycle [GMT-00][UK Time]
* Tactical Radio or other realism radio systems may/will be implemented
* Armoured vehicles, gunships, fighter jets, any vehicle with weaponry will completely be removed, this is simply to cohere with my spin of "Exile Lore".

Traders:
All vanilla Exile traders will be completely removed. New traders will be implemented as "Camps" rather than some spec ops guy selling every weapon. By camps, I mean small settlements, where an AI may sell the odd weapons and items.
* Traders will be rotated around different spawns, and trader locations will be announced via the XM8 list or custom messages.
* Traders will not be displayed on the map, but will be announced via a 6 figure grid reference instead.
* High end/black market traders, could spawn in more areas than normal traders, will be harder to geographically access, may be concealed (In caves, shrubbery ect)
* Prices will have a complete overhaul, higher end weapons and items will sell for a lot more but are much harder to obtain.
* Traders will not sell every weapon and traders will come in tier categories such as Tier 1 Weapons, Tier 2 Weapons, Tier 3 Weapons, Tier 1 Items, so on so forth.
* Player to Player trading/auction house will be implemented and accessible from the Centralised Hub [More on the Centralised Hub below

Centralised Hub:
The Centralised Hub will be a settlement located in the middle of the map where players can trade items, group up, meet new people ect. 
* The Centralised Hub will be entirely custom made, will feature rest stops, gas stations, food traders, parking bays, helipads ect.
* This is a community meeting point for players in the server looking to group up, or looking for survival supplies.
* The Centralised Hub will feature an Admin zone, where you can personally come up to the Admins, ask them questions ect.

This is an exciting project I am hoping to work on and I would definitely be up for any suggestions. improvements and feedback.

Please, if this is something you are interested, please let me know in this post, and I will tag you when the server is live.

Thanks.

z3sp 

12 hours ago, z3sp said:

Hello!

Trawling through the forums, I saw that there was a demand for hardcore/realism servers. Well, your prayers have been answered, because id like to share some exciting news that I am currently working on fulfilling your desires! I would like to make my server unique, that stands out from your average vanilla exile servers, and that Is exactly my mission!

So without further edo, id like to present some features that this server will include:
- Alot of these features require custom coding, so may take some time to be implemented on my end.

Gameplay:
* Server will be locked to 1st person; custom code to be implemented which allows for 3rd person to be enter whilst building/in owned territory for ease, accuracy and simplicity.
* Weather conditions will include fog, rain, thunder, lightning and all that fun jazz, as well as a realtime day/night cycle [GMT-00][UK Time]
* Tactical Radio or other realism radio systems may/will be implemented
* Armoured vehicles, gunships, fighter jets, any vehicle with weaponry will completely be removed, this is simply to cohere with my spin of "Exile Lore".

Traders:
All vanilla Exile traders will be completely removed. New traders will be implemented as "Camps" rather than some spec ops guy selling every weapon. By camps, I mean small settlements, where an AI may sell the odd weapons and items.
* Traders will be rotated around different spawns, and trader locations will be announced via the XM8 list or custom messages.
* Traders will not be displayed on the map, but will be announced via a 6 figure grid reference instead.
* High end/black market traders, could spawn in more areas than normal traders, will be harder to geographically access, may be concealed (In caves, shrubbery ect)
* Prices will have a complete overhaul, higher end weapons and items will sell for a lot more but are much harder to obtain.
* Traders will not sell every weapon and traders will come in tier categories such as Tier 1 Weapons, Tier 2 Weapons, Tier 3 Weapons, Tier 1 Items, so on so forth.
* Player to Player trading/auction house will be implemented and accessible from the Centralised Hub [More on the Centralised Hub below

Centralised Hub:
The Centralised Hub will be a settlement located in the middle of the map where players can trade items, group up, meet new people ect. 
* The Centralised Hub will be entirely custom made, will feature rest stops, gas stations, food traders, parking bays, helipads ect.
* This is a community meeting point for players in the server looking to group up, or looking for survival supplies.
* The Centralised Hub will feature an Admin zone, where you can personally come up to the Admins, ask them questions ect.

This is an exciting project I am hoping to work on and I would definitely be up for any suggestions. improvements and feedback.

Please, if this is something you are interested, please let me know in this post, and I will tag you when the server is live.

Thanks.

z3sp 

Three things..

1. Fog, rain, lightning are already in Exile

2. Correct me if I'm wrong, but allowing someone 3rd person view in the base is going to give that person an advantage if someone is trying to raid them. Person inside base can 3rd person peek over wall, person outside base has no idea what's going on. It leaves the attacker at a dramatically unfair advantage.

3. The trader stuff seems like a cool idea.

Edited by brawnkoh
3 things actually

Advertisement

Sounds cool, I'll definatley give it a try once it's live.

What map are you thinking of using?

2 hours ago, brawnkoh said:

Yeah, but so many servers have it constantly 'sunny' and 24 hours day time :) like in those other popular Arma mods.....

2 hours ago, brawnkoh said:

What do you mean by 'harder to obtain', if they will be in a higher tier anyway?  Will they be removed from the loot tables? Only available via missions or heli crashes maybe?

I'll throw you my take on the armored vehicles within the lore of Exile fwiw.  Jets and tanks - nah.  All heli's would be cooler IF  there was a condition that allowed a player to become a 'pilot'. It's always been a niggle with me that anybody can fly a heli in these mods (and be a repair expert of every vehicle 9_9).

So Exile is set on a 'Prison Island' and all those exiled to the island are left to their own devices. A group of inmates banded together and formed a Mafia which controls territory and traders. Because of the Mafia's power over these inmates its not beyond the realms to imagine such an organization could find a way to get a few armed vehicles onto the island (wouldn't it be cool if you could purchase the old 'shell' of one of these vehicles and have to find parts to finish it?). The Mafia could have even captured some armed vehicles in skirmishes with the 'Law'.   And after all, the Mafia would need these vehicles to keep their place as the dominant force on the prison Island. ( Even more cool would be player built armed vehicles, Mad Max style B|)

So in my eyes a few armed vehicles aren't so bad and it gives the players something to work towards, the balance trying to make those vehicles vulnerable is where most fail.

That's how I justify the armed vehicles being in there :P

Looking forward to giving it a go when its done!

10 hours ago, brawnkoh said:

Three things..

2. Correct me if I'm wrong, but allowing someone 3rd person view in the base is going to give that person an advantage if someone is trying to raid them. Person inside base can 3rd person peek over wall, person outside base has no idea what's going on. It leaves the attacker at a dramatically unfair advantage.

3. The trader stuff seems like a cool idea.

1: Yeah you are correct, however, alot of servers simply just use rain and fog. But I want to increase the frequency of lightning and more heavy fog.

2: Also agreed, thanks for that feedback, I will have a think about that.

3: And thanks

7 hours ago, Riposte said:

Sounds cool, I'll definatley give it a try once it's live.

What map are you thinking of using?

Yeah, but so many servers have it constantly 'sunny' and 24 hours day time :) like in those other popular Arma mods.....

What do you mean by 'harder to obtain', if they will be in a higher tier anyway?  Will they be removed from the loot tables? Only available via missions or heli crashes maybe?

I'll throw you my take on the armored vehicles within the lore of Exile fwiw.  Jets and tanks - nah.  All heli's would be cooler IF  there was a condition that allowed a player to become a 'pilot'. It's always been a niggle with me that anybody can fly a heli in these mods (and be a repair expert of every vehicle 9_9).

So Exile is set on a 'Prison Island' and all those exiled to the island are left to their own devices. A group of inmates banded together and formed a Mafia which controls territory and traders. Because of the Mafia's power over these inmates its not beyond the realms to imagine such an organization could find a way to get a few armed vehicles onto the island (wouldn't it be cool if you could purchase the old 'shell' of one of these vehicles and have to find parts to finish it?). The Mafia could have even captured some armed vehicles in skirmishes with the 'Law'.   And after all, the Mafia would need these vehicles to keep their place as the dominant force on the prison Island. ( Even more cool would be player built armed vehicles, Mad Max style B|)

So in my eyes a few armed vehicles aren't so bad and it gives the players something to work towards, the balance trying to make those vehicles vulnerable is where most fail.

That's how I justify the armed vehicles being in there :P

Looking forward to giving it a go when its done!

Map: Tanoa or Esseker, I really have not decided. I like Esseker because it has a more survival feel to it like Namalsk, but Tanoa is more of a fresh clean untouched map.

As for the helicopters, I think there may be a way to incorporate a sort of Pilot training scheme which players have to pass in order to purchase and fly gunships ect. I really do like that Prison Island lore you have presented and I am very tempted to implement that as the servers conditions and lore.

Thank you for your comments.

Love this idea, ive seen so much good news about Exile and really want to try it for my self, but i dont like the idea of people killing on sight and by the sounds of it peeps on this future server wont be doing that. Esseker map looks amazing and beautiful in my opinion. Whats your expected release or hoping release and what will it take to join.

Thank you for reading and keep up the good work :)

Advertisement