Lodgie

Changing Mission Name results in Disconnects

5 posts in this topic

hi. i just tried to change the mission file name, to hint players what mods they need to download to play on my server.

I also changed the template name in the config and restarted. now everytime i want to connect, i instantly getting disconnected again (without error).

when i look at the log i cant see any problems. any ideas please?

"Exile | DL Zombies & Demons + Extended Base Mod.Tanoa" <- Mission Name

You need to set the name to that at the server config too. Where it "template = Exile.Tanoa". It has to match the mission file.

Advertisement

thanks for the fast replie. 

i did that, but still getting disconnected. i have it like this 

template = " Exile | DL Zombies & Demons + Extended Base Mod.Tanoa ";

im running on linux. can it be a problem with the spaces in the name of the pbo?

Yeah, that name is certainly not going to work lol. Don't use special characters, don't use spaces. People aren't going to look at the mission file name anyways to know what to download. Most people use a3 launcher, and that reads the mods from steam api. Put it in the host name in the config, most people do that and it shows up in the server browser in arma or in a3 launcher well enough that people will know what they need. The arma launcher will also tell them what mods are enabled on the server. 99% of people will not even look at the name of the mission file.

• Like 1

On 14.7.2016 at 5:31 PM, Kobayashi said:

Yeah, that name is certainly not going to work lol. Don't use special characters, don't use spaces. People aren't going to look at the mission file name anyways to know what to download. Most people use a3 launcher, and that reads the mods from steam api. Put it in the host name in the config, most people do that and it shows up in the server browser in arma or in a3 launcher well enough that people will know what they need. The arma launcher will also tell them what mods are enabled on the server. 99% of people will not even look at the name of the mission file.

thanks. i removed the | and & from the name and now it works :)

edit: i figured you can use spaces and "|", "+", "-", "_"

BUT NOT "&"

Edited by Lodgie

Advertisement