OfficialXtreme

[SOLVED] Contact the Exile Team ?

12 posts in this topic

We have a teamspeak. ts.exile.majormittens.co.uk you can catch the devs on there sometimes but they are extremely busy most of the time. Would be much better if you stated why you needed to contact people

Advertisement
10 minutes ago, OfficialXtreme said:

I essentially have an Idea for Exile that i'd like to do, and I'd just like to have the permission from them, as I would be wanting to change a few basic things in the mod

You can change things with out asking permission. If the files are client side there is a override section in the config.cpp file

Yeah anything in @exileserver or exile.altis or exile.namalsk your fine to change with out asking.

Edited by Mr Health And Safety

yeah @exile is fine also. thats what i was talking about before when i said you can override them in config.cpp

class CfgExileCustomCode 
	{
		/*
			You can overwrite every single file of our code without touching it.
			To do that, add the function name you want to overwrite plus the 
			path to your custom file here. If you wonder how this works, have a
			look at our bootstrap/fn_preInit.sqf function.

Simply add the following scheme here:

<Function Name of Exile> = "<New File Name>";

Example:

ExileClient_util_fusRoDah = "myaddon\myfunction.sqf";
		*/
		ExileClient_util_world_getNearestLocationName = "OverWrites\ExileClient_util_world_getNearestLocationName.sqf"; // Disables location text.
	};

As you can see above, im overwriting @Exile\addons\exile_client\code\ExileClient_util_world_getNearestLocationName.sqf and have my custom version of the file in Exile.Esseker\OverWrites\ExileClient_util_world_getNearestLocationName.sqf (i run esseker but its the same for all maps)

• Like 2

Advertisement