Zulu BR

Respect

12 posts in this topic

In real life we do not need respect to buy  something but a lot of money. I think this last change in the respect was very deep. This could be reviewed.

Something will be done for the next change in this regard?

Sorry my english.

Edited by Zulu BR

Server admins can configure how much respect is needed to buy items. They can also disable the need for respect to buy items. Tell the admin of the server you play on to disable it if you don't like it.

Advertisement

Yes, you don't need respect. But in real life, we aren't inmates sent to an island surrounded by other inmates who want to kill us, using weapons just found lying around in random houses. We also don't use poptabs as a currency, nor can we sprint up the side of mountains while carrying 200+lbs of equipment. 

Exile isn't real life, nor was it made to be like real life. The respect cost makes perfect sense in the world that Exile has created because don't look at the trader as just a infinite supply of anything you want. Look at it as a black market sales person: He isn't going to sell just anything to anyone who walks up to him. 

But @BetterDeadThanZed is correct, server admins can change this as much as they want. I would talk to the admin of the server and discuss it with them, but for default Exile needing to change this or even rethink this? Nah, it was one of the best features and I'm glad its in there. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Zulu BR said:

In real life we do not need respect to buy  something but a lot of money. I think this last change in the respect was very deep. This could be reviewed.

Something will be done for the next change in this regard?

Sorry my english.

In real life you rank up in age, in exile you rank up in respect. You wouldn't be able to buy alcohol at 10 years old...

End of the day exile is a game, and in games you have to rank up to unlock items.

On ‎9‎-‎7‎-‎2016 at 7:54 PM, Mr Health And Safety said:

In real life you rank up in age, in exile you rank up in respect. You wouldn't be able to buy alcohol at 10 years old...

End of the day exile is a game, and in games you have to rank up to unlock items.

I rank up in levels. Im a real life lvl 90 warlock.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, InsertCoins said:

I rank up in levels. Im a real life lvl 90 warlock.

Oh god.  I've met people who weren't joking when they said shit like this. 9_9

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BlackheartsGaming said:

This guy plays on my server.  I see he's appealing to a higher power after I told him I am not changing this from the default mod settings.

Its a typical case of "mommy said no so I'm gonna go ask daddy" haha.

That being said, to be fair, the default values for required respect that I have seen are pretty intense! I love the idea but if I could find a server that took some time and tweaked and balanced so that it is still a grind but not such a time commitment to rank up, I would be in heaven.

• Like 1

Advertisement