thinker

New Update - many issues

Question

Directly after the update I have not been able to access any server with the exile mod attached. After the servers updated, I keep getting application and memory errors. The game worked fine before.

Immediately I think I need to switch pcs. Even on other computers I received these errors. I could log in multiple times and get a little farther in the process. Once I got in though I was immediately kicked from multiple servers. Launching modded Arma 3 is no longer an option. 

So, I am 100% serious when I say this update made the game unplayable.

Update: After reinstalling the application errors are gone, but when loading the mission data my PC freezes. Leaving for about 20 mins with no change. This happens now every time and I cannot even ctrl alt del out of it. I have to hard restart on every attempt.

Edited by thinker
  • Like 1

20 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Mr Health And Safety said:

Expect this to be locked, general discussion is not for support. 

Then were do we go to discuss potential fixes and get them out to the public?

Nobody wants to use a ticket system.

Advertisement

Moved to the correct place.  Also, there are several posts about this already.  Arma is aware of the crashing and they are testing fixes that seem to be working on the profiling branch of stable.

4 hours ago, thinker said:

Directly after the update I have not been able to access any server with the exile mod attached. After the servers updated, I keep getting application and memory errors. The game worked fine before.

Immediately I think I need to switch pcs. Even on other computers I received these errors. I could log in multiple times and get a little farther in the process. Once I got in though I was immediately kicked from multiple servers. Launching modded Arma 3 is no longer an option. 

So, I am 100% serious when I say this update made the game unplayable.

Update: After reinstalling the application errors are gone, but when loading the mission data my PC freezes. Leaving for about 20 mins with no change. This happens now every time and I cannot even ctrl alt del out of it. I have to hard restart on every attempt.

I've had the same issues, i am unable to play Arma 3 Exile because of the new update. Once i try to join a server it gives me a long list of files and tells me to delete them. Once i do it still wont work, HELP!!!

19 minutes ago, Young Grasshopper said:

I've had the same issues, i am unable to play Arma 3 Exile because of the new update. Once i try to join a server it gives me a long list of files and tells me to delete them. Once i do it still wont work, HELP!!!

From the sounds of it you have the wrong version for the server (server is missing keys) so it tells you to delete them, when you do it then says you are missing required mods. If you could post a screen shot of before you delete the mods and after it would help

50 minutes ago, Mr Health And Safety said:

From the sounds of it you have the wrong version for the server (server is missing keys) so it tells you to delete them, when you do it then says you are missing required mods. If you could post a screen shot of before you delete the mods and after it would help

Ok I'll take a pic of it

This can be marked as solved now. Helped him via pm. Was using wrong version of Exile.

scrap that.. just realized there a few people posting they got problems :|

Edited by Mr Health And Safety

Advertisement