jmayr2000

Database loading of gear into Vehicles, cargo crates and vehicle position issue in 0.9.8

Question

Ok so here is a basic rundown of the issue i'm having. Now before I explain this iss please understand I have tested this on a fresh clean install, and a modded one. With infistar admin tools and with out. So here it is. the issue is when the server starts items loaded into vehicles are not loading into the cargo section of the database. thru out the life of the run time of the server. new vehicles purchased and or persistent ones spawned in by the admin load into the database. But items like gear, weapons, food etc. don't. Now if you have a vehicle at restart and you load something into it with say 3 mins they load it. if removed and server restarts the new session he removed items back in it. Also lets say you drive that same vehicle from the trader where is was first created on the server and goto Athira and park it there and lock it. and the server restarts anytime later. when the server spools back up the vehicle is back at trader. so the recap the items, gear, weapons, ammo, and positions are not loading into the database. I've read thru the rpt files, database log files, client side rpt files and nothing its as the game is running at 100%. I've checked the exile.ini and the extdb-conf.ini. the server host has checked the database and their logs and everything is working fine on there end. As I stated this is ONLY with the gear into vehicles and cargo crates, loading items onto the  player works 100%. transferring money into vehicle works fine, pulling that money out works fine too. but the money you pulled out returns into the vehicle at restart. while you still have the money you pulled out on your person.  I'm discovering its not just in vehicles, cargo containers and positioning its global gates, doors, etc. the only things adding correctly is the buying of items. New vehicles and gear save fine. go figure.

Edited by jmayr2000

17 answers to this question

1 hour ago, jmayr2000 said:

Ok so here is a basic rundown of the issue i'm having. Now before I explain this iss please understand I have tested this on a fresh clean install, and a modded one. With infistar admin tools and with out. So here it is. the issue is when the server starts items loaded into vehicles are not loading into the cargo section of the database. thru out the life of the run time of the server. new vehicles purchased and or persistent ones spawned in by the admin load into the database. But items like gear, weapons, food etc. don't. Now if you have a vehicle at restart and you load something into it with say 3 mins they load it. if removed and server restarts the new session he removed items back in it. Also lets say you drive that same vehicle from the trader where is was first created on the server and goto Athira and park it there and lock it. and the server restarts anytime later. when the server spools back up the vehicle is back at trader. so the recap the items, gear, weapons, ammo, and positions are not loading into the database. I've read thru the rpt files, database log files, client side rpt files and nothing its as the game is running at 100%. I've checked the exile.ini and the extdb-conf.ini. the server host has checked the database and their logs and everything is working fine on there end. As I stated this is ONLY with the gear into vehicles and cargo crates, loading items onto the  player works 100%. transferring money into vehicle works fine, pulling that money out works fine too. but the money you pulled out returns into the vehicle at restart. while you still have the money you pulled out on your person.

Hmmmmm, we will have to test this to see if we see the same.

I tested it several ways one with a 10min wait then restart manually, and then the long way where I waited the whole 3 hours. Same results as above for each one. all tests took little over 12hrs in total.

Advertisement

Also noticed, even when interacting with a vehicle shortly after restart, it appears that it can take up to 60 seconds for the db record to be updated. This seems much longer than previously. 

On 7/3/2016 at 7:01 AM, ynpMOOSE said:

Also noticed, even when interacting with a vehicle shortly after restart, it appears that it can take up to 60 seconds for the db record to be updated. This seems much longer than previously. 

Do you still have a remote database?

20 minutes ago, Timmay said:

Do you still have a remote database?

This 60s issue was observed on my local pc setup for testing before deployment to production. So everything, server, client, db all local.

@Timmay what r you running as mods on your server? To include scripts i.e. Virtual garage, vps, etc. I'm running massi guns,vehicles, ussocom, cup units, weapons, vehicles, cba, infistar admin system. Scripts: virtual garage, deploy quad, custom loadouts, vehicle protection system, DMS, & Occupation.  

Advertisement