Paul

Black Screen on connect

Question

It seems to be that people connecting to servers are getting a black screen. This seems to be caused by the 'Tanoa Showcase' screen which appears to need the 'OK' button clicked before people can log in.

Is there a way to disable that screen?

29 answers to this question

Here, it's the new type page. It now says that Kiwi has been released:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/272847783028999126/3E21F454AD6B39E964C3935158122E5D4E30EED7/

You can see what happens here:

Sorry it's a bit long for a short error. The news page is at about 53 seconds. It comes up, then it's as though the lobby/game is trying to play before waiting for a click of the 'Okay button'

Hope that makes more sense!

Paul

• Like 1

I think I may have found a permanent fix for this issue.  I run the TFV Exile Tanoa server and have also had that problem.  I think the issue is an IDD issue with infistar.  I looked at my infistar surveillance logs and noticed that all of the people trying to connect that were getting the black screen had the same IDD numbers blocked.  Once I added the IDD's to they whitelist they were able to connect without issue. 

30-06-2016 11:56:10 infiSTAR.de | {BHC}Cpt.Jake | Cpt.Jake(xxxxxxxx) | 0h 2min 10s | Not Allowed Display with idd: 101
30-06-2016 11:56:10 infiSTAR.de | {BHC}Cpt.Jake | Cpt.Jake(xxxxxxxx) | 0h 2min 10s | Controls: 
30-06-2016 11:56:13 infiSTAR.de | {BHC}Cpt.Jake | Cpt.Jake(xxxxxxxx) | 0h 2min 13s | Not Allowed Display with idd: 24033
30-06-2016 11:56:14 infiSTAR.de | {BHC}Cpt.Jake | Cpt.Jake(xxxxxxxx) | 0h 2min 13s | Controls: 

Once 101, and 24033 were added no more black screen. HOpe that help. Its worked for us. 

I still had to add those, and that was with the latest version of infistar as of last night.

Edited by Desjardinii
  • Like 1

Advertisement

You can click the button, but you have to be really fast, and it takes quite a few goes.

Maybe @Eichi can advise if it can be disabled? The updates are great once you're in though! Can't wait to try the new vehicles

On first launch i got stuck on the black screen on my local server (Esseker). Found that by pressing escape and then clicking suicide it got me past it. Now it appears to be working ok

A black screen is shown when you join a server that failed to load. Check the server RPT file for more information.

25 minutes ago, Eichi said:

A black screen is shown when you join a server that failed to load. Check the server RPT file for more information.

Hi Eichi

Great work on the update!

We got this screen on both the servers which were showing on A3 launcher as having 0.9.8 in their title, and the players on there were saying that they were getting it on all servers. As said though, if you were quick enough to click the 'Okay' button to the 'Tanoa Showcase' screen, you could get into the game without error.

Paul

We cannot guarantee that it works with Tanoa already.

The DEV branch of Arma changes so fast these days, that it does not make sense for us to test it on there. We would have had to check if its Arma or Exile related problems. Last time I played it on it, it was working fine though.

Advertisement