GamersRoost

Announce the new release so Admins have time to plan the downtime?

59 posts in this topic

Is it possible, that once your team is ready to release, the peer reviews are done, the QA team says GO, the Indians have smoke tested everything more than Cheech and Chong have the sativa strains; that you can post something like
Announcing the release of Exile X.X.X !
On Friday the XX of %Month%, we will be releasing the newest code complete update!

So far, every release has been a total shock to me (yes i do have RSS).

I then struggle to get shit difmerged and 2AM since my players (were) waiting.

Also, maybe post the Official Release Notes about 90% of the admins will read and prepare in advance.

the RTM / RC files are a huge help, but to see the actual release notes would allow us to get a strategy going before the BOOM. 

Thoughts @Eichi?

Josh

Edited by GamersRoost
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Metalman10 said:

Smoke tested...is that all exile devs do? Smoke?

Can't tell if you are serious so here is what smoke testing is.

Spoiler

Smoke testing is the initial testing process exercised to check whether the software under test is ready/stable for further testing.

The term ‘Smoke Testing’ is came from the hardware testing, in the hardware testing initial pass is done to check if it did not catch the fire or smoked in the initial switch on.

Prior to start Smoke testing few test cases need to created once to use for smoke testing. These test cases are executed prior to start actual testing to check critical functionalities of the program is working fine. This set of test cases written such a way that all functionality is verified but not in deep. The objective is not to perform exhaustive testing, the tester need check the navigation’s & adding simple things, tester needs to ask simple questions “Can tester able to access software application?”, “Does user navigates from one window to other?”, “Check that the GUI is responsive” etc.

Advertisement
6 minutes ago, Metalman10 said:

i meant like a box of cubans or the old mary jane, but i didnt know that was a actual term lol

Ill take the marry jane.. ANY DAY . Living in Utah has its down sides ... not many, but some haha.

• Like 1

There is no perfect time to really say. Majority of our server owners/players are in the EU so if we announce a time then someone is getting screwed at some time anyways.

31 minutes ago, Flosstradamus said:

There is no perfect time to really say. Majority of our server owners/players are in the EU so if we announce a time then someone is getting screwed at some time anyways.

Sure someone is going to get screwed, but better than everyone with a sudden release.:P

• Like 1

Advertisement