Dunsparth

Are these specs good enough?

Question

Hello i currently own a dedi with these specs

Processor: 3.4 GHz+ Intel Xeon E3 1245v2
Memory: 32GB DDR3 ECC Memory
Hard Drives: 1x2TB RE4 Enterprise Drive in raid 0

I currently am hosting a 50 slot exile server with zombies and roaming AI 
and have no lag but want another server or two will this dedi be able to handle that w/o lag?

6 answers to this question

Yes ofc.. arma dosent need that much ram, it hammers the CPU, 2 GB of ram per arma server is enough, but as for the CPU, 2 servers, you should be fine. 3 servers might even be fine. will it lag? it's arma... ofc.. 

58 minutes ago, StokesMagee said:

Yes ofc.. arma dosent need that much ram, it hammers the CPU, 2 GB of ram per arma server is enough, but as for the CPU, 2 servers, you should be fine. 3 servers might even be fine. will it lag? it's arma... ofc.. 

I was thinking maybe two 70 slot servers on top of my 50 but idk if i will be able to do that.

Advertisement

I was running 2 Arma 3 Wasteland altis servers population was aroung 75 on a 1230v2 with 16gb ram.  U should be ok if you watch the AI that you have on the server.

Don't make a raid 0. You won't need that one. If one hdd crashes, all of your data is lost. Raid 1 is okay and you have redundant disks. Arma does not need SSDs or whatever. Sure the startup is a bit faster but during normal operations you won't have "heavy" IO

It's highly unlikely that server will handle multiple servers running zombies and AI and still achieve decent fps, drop the zombies and reduce the number of AI if you want to be able to run multiple servers.

I have almost same server, except with SSD. My experience? Keep it down to 1. If you have 1 server with +- 60 people on, you should not open up another server. This because your CPU is allready being heavily used by 1 server ( mine is 80-90% from just 1 server ).

Advertisement