Sign in to follow this  
MudBone

Proximity warnings at unprotected traders?

6 posts in this topic

The title pretty much says it all. I'm looking for a way to disperse traders (one or two at a location)..leave them unprotected but add some sort of warning system for players in that enter the area...much like A3Wasteland but without the one map indicators. Per Player warnings only.

If I'm understanding you, you don't want markers, just messages when people leave/enter a certain area.

Add a sensor section to your mission.sqm and add triggers to it:

class Item0
        {
            position[]={x,z,y};//put your coordinates here
            a=100;//radius of trigger x
            b=100;//radius of trigger z
            activationBy="WEST";
            repeating=1;
            interruptable=1;
            age="UNKNOWN";
            name="zonemytrader";//make a unique name
            expCond="(player distance zonemytrader) < 75;";//use the name from above for zonemytrader
            expActiv="[""My Trader"",false,""enter""] spawn player_traderwarning;";
            expDesactiv="[""My Trader"",false,""leave""] spawn player_traderwarning;";
            class Effects
            {
            };
        };

Create a script that does something like a cuttext or whatever and use that for the spawn commands to display your message.

Advertisement
19 hours ago, Kobayashi said:

If I'm understanding you, you don't want markers, just messages when people leave/enter a certain area.

Add a sensor section to your mission.sqm and add triggers to it:

class Item0
        {
            position[]={x,z,y};//put your coordinates here
            a=100;//radius of trigger x
            b=100;//radius of trigger z
            activationBy="WEST";
            repeating=1;
            interruptable=1;
            age="UNKNOWN";
            name="zonemytrader";//make a unique name
            expCond="(player distance zonemytrader) < 75;";//use the name from above for zonemytrader
            expActiv="[""My Trader"",false,""enter""] spawn player_traderwarning;";
            expDesactiv="[""My Trader"",false,""leave""] spawn player_traderwarning;";
            class Effects
            {
            };
        };

Create a script that does something like a cuttext or whatever and use that for the spawn commands to display your message.

If I understand you correctly then yes. For example if a player is in the unprotected trader area and another player enters then both would get a warning saying something like "Enemy player(s) detected in the area" ...and nothing would show on the map for others to see.

10 hours ago, Kobayashi said:

Yeah that would work then, just put all that in the script that executes on the trigger.

I'll try to work it into the Exile message system so it look uniform with the mod..like the entering safe area messages.

Thanks

Advertisement