Sign in to follow this  
DrScandalous

Tanoa Tips & Tricks?

21 posts in this topic

Just started playing on Tanoa (experienced Exile player, just new to the map) and wondering if anyone has any tips/tricks on great places to loot, ways to get a quick start on the map, etc. Currently have a basic base set up + a little money.... just looking for cool spots/tips/tricks for making life in the jungle a bit easier/more fun/interesting.

Well Tanoa isn't out yet and much of the servers that are online atm are only testing. I say wait for full release next month

Advertisement
9 minutes ago, Therealrag said:

Just explore it.  I have a Tanoa Server up and I'll be honest.   10000% better then any other map.  

That's what I've been doing for the last 2-3 days... and I've been enjoying it! My initial fear that "current" lack of enterable buildings was a major issue was quickly quelled, which was awesome. I'm not impatient... just wondering what people have discovered so far during their gameplay that they find cool/interesting... and wondering what they feel like they "discovered."

33 minutes ago, Flosstradamus said:

They said they will not put out more enterable buildings :(

That's true, but there's a lot of buildings are that have been modeled on the inside... but they just don't have functional doors/windows. Only time will tell as to whether it'll be the devs or the modders who end up opening up those buildings further. But either way, after spending some time on the map I think there's enough exterior building loot spawns where it's not nearly as bad as I originally thought it'd be. 

At this point, I'm finding that there's not really any "go-to" industrial loot spawn areas (like the garages just NE of Kavala) or military spawns (seems like Comms Bravo/etc don't really spawn anything amazing, either in quality or quantity), so that's why I'm asking about "hidden gems" or tips/tricks for making the most of the map. 

Well the loot positions are configured by server owners. So I assume someone just wrote a simple script instead of balancing it properly to get the server up and going

2 hours ago, DrScandalous said:

That's true, but there's a lot of buildings are that have been modeled on the inside... but they just don't have functional doors/windows. Only time will tell as to whether it'll be the devs or the modders who end up opening up those buildings further. But either way, after spending some time on the map I think there's enough exterior building loot spawns where it's not nearly as bad as I originally thought it'd be. 

At this point, I'm finding that there's not really any "go-to" industrial loot spawn areas (like the garages just NE of Kavala) or military spawns (seems like Comms Bravo/etc don't really spawn anything amazing, either in quality or quantity), so that's why I'm asking about "hidden gems" or tips/tricks for making the most of the map. 

I have my configs to spawn a crap ton of gear  but I used Looot placement tool <------- makes buildings have loot spots even if they are not enter-able.

even bridges spawn loot  (oops)

Edited by Therealrag
more info

Advertisement