speedweasel

Add an 'Out of Stock' flag to the trader item classes

36 posts in this topic

Rather than removing certain items from traders altogether, I'd like the option to leave them in the store listings but make them non-purchasable with an 'Out of Stock' message in the price column.

Something like:

class 150Rnd_762x54_Box_Tracer 					{ quality = 2; price = 564; stock = 0 };

From time-to-time admins could make certain ammo, weapons or equipment in short supply and players would have to draw on their own stockpile of gear, or scavenge it from loot spawns.

• Like 1

Awesome idea.

The less traders sell the better.

I have seen a arma 2 community remove bandages from the trader for a couple of weeks.

(Arma 2 Overpoch)

Same sort of mechanic .

People where acctualy farming bambis because they spawn with one.

Edited by ACAB

Advertisement
6 minutes ago, ACAB said:

Awesome idea.

The less traders sell the better.

I have seen a arma 2 community remove bandages from the trader for a couple of weeks.

Same sort of mechanic .

People where acctualy farming bambis because they spawn with one.

Lol, farming bambies because they spawn with a low-tier healing item?

I don't know what's stupider: farming bambies for low-tier crap, or not finding the better gear themselves, instead.

In arma 2 it wasnt as low tier as you think because it was the only way you could stop bleeding.

Plus i played on a Exile server where i got exited for finding a can opener.

Its the little things that count when you limit the traders drasticly.

• Like 4

I will admit that Can Openers aren't as common as I'd like them to be, since you find cans of food lying almost everywhere in a city :/

As for the Bandages in Arma 2, even if they removed them from the traders, they're still considered loot, and should still be found everywhere. No need to farm Bambies, right? (I was also thinking Exile Bandages and other medical stuff in my last post, my bad)

I like the idea. I don't think it should be set 'stock' though, I think it should be completely random. (which is do-able, I might add)

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Taylor Swift said:

I like the idea. I don't think it should be set 'stock' though, I think it should be completely random. (which is do-able, I might add)

Random is cool but I'd still like the option to set the stock levels manually.  It's an easy way for admins to take items out of the store in a way that will inform players of the fact and thereby cut down on questions/complains about missing items.

In an ideal world, I would like to see trader stocks controlled purely by the server players, with prices increasing or decreasing dynamically according to how great stocks and demand are. I posted something about it on the suggestions thread in the feedback section that talks about it in more detail;

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Boxman80 said:

In an ideal world, I would like to see trader stocks controlled purely by the server players, with prices increasing or decreasing dynamically according to how great stocks and demand are. I posted something about it on the suggestions thread in the feedback section that talks about it in more detail;

Similar to A3 epoch in it's early days, when all roaming traders had player stock. I like the sound of this

• Like 1

Advertisement