z3sp

What would you like to see from an Exile Server?

34 posts in this topic

Hello,

So it has been a year since I ran a successful DayZ server for ArmA 2. I quit it due to financing issues. However I am think of relaunching an Exile server.

I see many Exile servers out there, a lot of them are the same, so what features would this community like to see in an Exile server?

Examples: 

Roleplay Exile Server

Different Maps

WWII Exile Server

More Military Style Servers?

If I do decide to launch one, it will come with a fully functioning website and forum.

This is probably posted every single week. Exile is whatever you want it to be and its going to be most popular if its the cookie cutter specs of other high end servers like MGT, ATD CCG, EXO etc. If you go hardcore and are okay with having maybe a max of 20 people play it then by all means try that.

Advertisement
2 hours ago, Flosstradamus said:

This is probably posted every single week. Exile is whatever you want it to be and its going to be most popular if its the cookie cutter specs of other high end servers like MGT, CCG, EXO etc. If you go hardcore and are okay with having maybe a max of 20 people play it then by all means try that.

What do you mean by "Cookie Cutter Specs"? 

5 minutes ago, z3sp said:

What do you mean by "Cookie Cutter Specs"? 

High Loot, Everything is cheap, Vehicles everywhere, Spawn with bike etc

5 minutes ago, Flosstradamus said:

High Loot, Everything is cheap, Vehicles everywhere, Spawn with bike etc

Ah you mean rammed with addons and scripts then

5 minutes ago, z3sp said:

Ah you mean rammed with addons and scripts then

Not entirely. The servers I listed are popular because of their respective admins who code in their own custom scripts and rely on the best performance but at the same time they make the Exile experience more about PvP related rather then a "hardcore" server which isn't as popular

to be honest exile is supporting this development by adding a russian roulette,physical pt and stuff in the near future.

it is what it is,you either end up having 3 players each evening max. or go big and feed the masses.

was the same in arma 2,even were the same dudes who did it

• Like 1

10 hours ago, z3sp said:

...so what features would this community like to see in an Exile server?

I don't mean to be negative but unless you have a group of players looking to you to create a unique server for them, don't run an Exile server.

There are already dozens of great servers that sit empty (or mostly empty) because, 1) There aren't enough Exile players to fill the servers we already have and, 2) The majority of players gravitate towards Wasteland-style, easy-mode, run & gun PvP. 

If you really want to contribute to the community, go rustle up a few hundred Exile *players.* :)

• Like 2

I keep getting people moaning on my server because they keep getting killed when trying to get back to their body etc, i have had them ask me to tp them in which i reply NO i am not dr who . I have had them ask for deployable bikes and some want to spawn in with weapons. Well i decided to meet them half way as now i have implemented 5 orange and black bambi cars at each player spawn location and 2 free helis at each airfield to try and help them, the helis i feel are also useful to those who want to learn to fly aswell, the bambi cars are suv types so there is a sting in the tail as some find them too powerful lol A lot of folk will be thinking that normal players and bambi players will rush to sell them and make money but they have no sale value when they try and sell them. BTW  my server is PVE

1 hour ago, M6mal said:

I keep getting people moaning on my server because they keep getting killed when trying to get back to their body...

... BTW  my server is PVE

This comment makes no sense, as the only threat in exile is not eating/drinking :D

• Like 1

Advertisement