Sign in to follow this  
Wahooiy

More creative building

3 posts in this topic

Buildings have to be square, and there is very little opportunity to express creativity through them.  I know building isn't the main focused aspect, but there is myself and many others who thoroughly enjoy building and believe a (possibly) simple implementation could allow for more creativity.  Square boxes are ugly; would it be possible to implement triangular foundations and floors?  They could be equilateral so there doesn't have to be varying wall lengths.  This would provide more creativity and even make circular bases available.

2 hours ago, Wahooiy said:

Buildings have to be square, and there is very little opportunity to express creativity through them.  I know building isn't the main focused aspect, but there is myself and many others who thoroughly enjoy building and believe a (possibly) simple implementation could allow for more creativity.  Square boxes are ugly; would it be possible to implement triangular foundations and floors?  They could be equilateral so there doesn't have to be varying wall lengths.  This would provide more creativity and even make circular bases available.

This only means more objects which the devs are ot fond of i believe. Then again there is scripting. Arma 2 Epoch had a script called ''Vector Building'' it would let you rotate your nuildable in every angle in increments of 5 15 30 and 45 degrees  

Creative building in arma 3 is not possible. My last base in Arma 2 whas a castle with fort walls around it and the castle itself had those ''archer type'' of slits to fire out of if someone got over the walls anyhow. Also vertical angled walls up and or downward to either take out APC's and or choppers where achieveable. Now you're limited to a window or ''walls elevated'' of the floor to have something to peek which means you need to expose yourself badly.  
Also the 150 pieces max leaves little room for creativity cuz usually you'll have a bunch of gaps that need to be closed of. 

Advertisement