LoganSixGod

Rappeling?

Question

How cool would it be to be on top of a building unable to find a ladder (?) and be able to throw a rope off of the side to climb down? Or even a grapple hook to climb down and up? Maybe i can take a look at SQF and see if i can get somewhere with this, or one of you can help me.

Thanks, Logan.

• Like 1

42 answers to this question

Advertisement

It's nothing that hasn't been tried before, it exists... it just runs like shit. Arma just isn't made for these kinds of scripts. BIS are behind on everything.. including their Engine... Maybe in Arma 9 we will see something like this working properly.

5 minutes ago, Taylor Swift said:

It's nothing that hasn't been tried before, it exists... it just runs like shit. Arma just isn't made for these kinds of scripts. BIS are behind on everything.. including their Engine... Maybe in Arma 9 we will see something like this working properly.

Well thats unfortunate, i know CCG has a script like this.

Gday All,

Seeing this thread emerge once again reminds me of a mod for BF2 called AIX 2.0 it had heaps of great scripts in it including zip line attachments/underslung from your primary rifle. Battlefield 2 AIX 2.0 also had personal grappling hooks. The best script was the MP3 player in the vehicles. 

Ahhhh the good ol days....

AIX_Grapple.jpg

• Like 2

I actually already posted about this awhile ago, and proved it could actually be done. There were various videos of it, but i don't think that's on the team's priority list ATM. Though it would be cool to have like the Vehicle towing that we can do with the ropes. Would be nice for the ropes to be able to do a little something else.

Advertisement