Paladin2436

Zombies will not attack AI

Question

Ok, I am using Exile, and the Following

DMS

Exile Occupation

Ryans Zombies and Demons

I am currently trying to make it so the Zombies attack the other AI. Ive looked around, and I might be blind, but can't seem to find anything to do that. IS there a way to do it with these Mods?

Thanks you for your time

Andrew

Edited by Paladin2436

9 answers to this question

DMS and Occupation AI are usually side East and I think the Zombies and Demons are side West, with those settings they should automatically be enemies and attack each other. Double check the zombies aren't side East (I don't use zombies so no idea where the config is for that).

• Like 1

No, Bandits are one side, Soldiers are another, and Survivors are a third. 

it looks like I need a 4th Side and place ALL the Zombies on it so they attack everything else. Is that able to be done?

Advertisement

Heres the Problem I see.

DMS_banditSide                        = EAST;                        // The side (team) that AI Bandits will spawn on
/* DonkeyPunchDMS Custom Side Factions */
    DMS_heroSide                        = WEST;                        // The side (team) that AI Heros will spawn on
    DMS_survivorSide                    = CIV;                        // The side (team) that AI Survivor will spawn on

If I make the Zombies EAST Then they won't attack the Bandits.

If I make them WEST Then they won't attack the Soldiers.

If I makes them CIV then they won't attack survivors or Players.

If I put the Soldiers on EAST, or the Bandits on WEST then they won't attack each other.

Is there a way to put in a 4th faction and just call it ZOM or something like that?

Any suggestions guys?

WEST is unused by DMS unless you are using the Donkeypunch addon, Occupation overrides the side relations in the config so that East, West and Independent (players) are all enemies.

The only issue is Civilians will not be attacked by anyone but can attack.

https://github.com/secondcoming/a3_exile_occupation/blob/development/config.sqf#L277-L287

Ok, I know the Regular game has 4 factions

WEST, EAST, CIV, and IND

Can we move the Survivors to the IND side so they are on the same side as players, and Put the Zombies into the CIV Slot, or will they not attack or be attacked by anyone? At this point Im considering Moving the Soldiers over to EAST and placing them with bandits so that the Survivors can stay the same, and making the Zombies be WEST.

Civilians will attack if armed and set to hostile but no side will attack them in return.

Moving survivors to Independent won't work as you can't make them fight back if players attack them.

DMS_heroSide  = WEST;    is only used with Donkeypunch addon, if you aren't using that then you have no AI as West

Zombies should be set to West, DMS bandits to East, Survivors to Civilian and players to Independent

On 15.5.2016 at 1:32 AM, second_coming said:

Zombies should be set to West, DMS bandits to East, Survivors to Civilian and players to Independent

I'm afraid that won't work. You probably misunderstood something. We need zombies that are hostile to AI AND players.

And the WEST side is friendly to the IDEPENDEND (Guer) side.

Thus (west) zombies attack the (east) AI, but leave the (guer) players undisturbed. So ............ UNSOLVED

What was it nice in the Arma 2 Epoch era ..............

I think the only way to do such a thing is use addRating so the zed´s change into sideEnemy.

Unfortunately, my scripting skills are not high enough for such a project.

Edited by Anhor

Advertisement