Sign in to follow this  
voot

** Just get away from the console mindset **

8 posts in this topic

In general, I just don't want exile mod to turn into a shitty rip of PS4 cookie-cutter FPS'. 

• Please don't have audible pings for deaths/loot spawn; (Arma 3 has is one of the few games that actually puts effort into audio, and it's so sad to have it ruined by a ping noise every 10 seconds by some bambie getting killed)
  • Please don't put unnecessary information on the GUI, like health; using the breaking-point style graying of the screen is plenty. Or come up with something else that doesn't show on the HUD if you like.
  • Please give us an option to disable thermal (Again, Arma 3 is one of the few games that puts effort into actual terrain making Ghillie suits/clothing choice a fundamental part of the game; thermal destroys all of this...)

If you really want these things for the 14 year olds who don't know any better, then fine, but please give server admins a way to disable these things.

There was a reason that dayz was successful in the first place...

• Like 1

These won't changed in the default Exile files. You need to find a server where the owner has already done these things. They are out there you just have to look. The beautiful part about Exile is the server admins ability to customize their server as they see fit. No point in having 1000 servers that are all exactly the same. 

Advertisement

In general, I just don't want exile mod to turn into a shitty rip of PS4 cookie-cutter FPS'. 

• Please don't have audible pings for deaths/loot spawn; (Arma 3 has is one of the few games that actually puts effort into audio, and it's so sad to have it ruined by a ping noise every 10 seconds by some bambie getting killed)
  • Please don't put unnecessary information on the GUI, like health; using the breaking-point style graying of the screen is plenty. Or come up with something else that doesn't show on the HUD if you like.
  • Please give us an option to disable thermal (Again, Arma 3 is one of the few games that puts effort into actual terrain making Ghillie suits/clothing choice a fundamental part of the game; thermal destroys all of this...)

If you really want these things for the 14 year olds who don't know any better, then fine, but please give server admins a way to disable these things.

There was a reason that dayz was successful in the first place...

i understand your point about thermal and kinda agree on some points but instead of removing them i think they should be just much harder to get such as they cannot be bought the only way you can get one should be looting for them and they should be very rare.

So a rant post? 

I believe us server admins can setup the Exile exactly as we want, and configure accordingly. Stop ranting on Exile, you just haven't found the right server for you. 

Honestly not having thermals is less realistic than having them considering that you can get them IRL. However ghillies and wetsuits help with hiding from thermals in real life but in ARMA 3 they dont its not an Exile thing its an ARMA 3 thing is the reason that you can still see them so well despite the use of ghillies or not. just saying.

Advertisement