Timber

custom skins to arma 3 vehicles

9 posts in this topic

I have added a few Arma 3 stock vehicles to my server and some custom skins. The issue I've run into is that when I try to buy a custom skin for a "non-exile" vehicle, it tells me I have no vehicles to paint...It works fine for exile vehicles.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
	// Orca
	class Exile_Chopper_Orca_Abstract
	{
		skins[] = 
		{
			{"Exile_Chopper_Orca_CSAT", 		350, "CSAT", 			{"\A3\Air_F\Heli_Light_02\Data\Heli_Light_02_ext_OPFOR_CO.paa"};},
			{"Exile_Chopper_Orca_Black", 		350, "Black", 			{"\A3\Air_F\Heli_Light_02\Data\Heli_Light_02_ext_CO.paa"};},
			{"Exile_Chopper_Orca_BlackCustom", 	350, "Black Custom", 	{"\A3\Air_F_Heli\Heli_Light_02\Data\Heli_Light_02_ext_OPFOR_V2_CO.paa"};},
			{"O_Heli_Light_02_v2_F",			500, "Woodland Camo",	{"addons\skins\woodland_1.paa"};},
			{"O_Heli_Light_02_v2_F",			500, "Punisher",		{"addons\skins\Punisher.paa"};}
		};
	};

What do I need to do for Exile to accept these added vehicles as "paintable"?

Edited by Timber

Hello, I've made a exemple with Ghosthawk here.

For your case, you can try this:

// Orca
	class Exile_Chopper_Orca_Abstract
	{
		skins[] = 
		{
			{"Exile_Chopper_Orca_CSAT", 		350, "CSAT", 			{"\A3\Air_F\Heli_Light_02\Data\Heli_Light_02_ext_OPFOR_CO.paa"};},
			{"Exile_Chopper_Orca_Black", 		350, "Black", 			{"\A3\Air_F\Heli_Light_02\Data\Heli_Light_02_ext_CO.paa"};},
			{"Exile_Chopper_Orca_BlackCustom", 	350, "Black Custom", 	{"\A3\Air_F_Heli\Heli_Light_02\Data\Heli_Light_02_ext_OPFOR_V2_CO.paa"};}
		};
	};

// Orca with my skins
	class Heli_Light_02_base_F
	{
		skins[] = 
		{
			{"O_Heli_Light_02_v2_F",			500, "Woodland Camo",	{"addons\skins\woodland_1.paa"};},
		};
	};

• Like 1

Advertisement

@Vandest I have made the changes and I am still getting the message that none of my vehicles can be customized.

This is what I inserted at the bottom of my customs section of the config.cpp and I have them set up in the store, of course. Is there anywhere else that I need to make a change or add the classname?

// HUNTER
	class Exile_Car_Hunter_Abstract
	{
		skins[] = 
		{

{"Exile_Car_Hunter",		500, "Exile White Edition",	{"exile_assets\texture\vehicle\Exile_Hunter_Snow_co.paa","exile_assets\texture\vehicle\Exile_Hunter_Snow_Back_co.paa"};},
			{"Exile_Car_Hunter",		500, "Exile Hex",				{"exile_assets\texture\vehicle\Exile_Hunter_Hex_co.paa","exile_assets\texture\vehicle\Exile_Hunter_Black_Back_co.paa"};},
			{"Exile_Car_Hunter",		500, "Exile Black",			{"exile_assets\texture\vehicle\Exile_Hunter_Black_co.paa","exile_assets\texture\vehicle\Exile_Hunter_Black_Back_co.paa"};},
			{"Exile_Car_Hunter",		500, "Zombie Hunter",		{"addons\skins\Zombie_killer_Front.paa","addons\skins\hunter_RealTree_Back.paa"};}

};
	};

// MY VEHICLE SKINS

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
	// ARMED ORCA
	////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
	class O_Heli_Light_02_V2_F
	{
		skins[] = 
		{

};
	};

// HUNTER HMG
	/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
	class M_MRAP_01_hmg_F
	{
		skins[] =
		{
			{"B_MRAP_01_hmg_F", 		500, "Hunter Camo", 		{"addons\skins\woodland_1.paa"};},
			{"B_MRAP_01_hmg_F",			500, "Zombie Hunter",		{"addons\skins\Zombie_killer_Front.paa","addons\skins\hunter_RealTree_Back.paa"};}

};
	};

};

I finally got the Ocra to work by changing the class to Heli_Light_02_base_F. I didnt realize you used the base class in your example, however, the Hunter still does not customize. Do I need the base class there as well and if so, where can I find the class names and their base names?

I tried MRAP_01_base_F, no love...

GOT IT! It was MRAP_01_hmg_base_F

// HUNTER HMG
	/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
	class MRAP_01_hmg_base_F
	{
		skins[] =
		{
			{"B_MRAP_01_hmg_F", 		500, "Hunter Camo", 		{"addons\skins\woodland_1.paa"};},
			{"B_MRAP_01_hmg_F",			500, "Zombie Hunter",		{"addons\skins\Zombie_killer_Front.paa","addons\skins\hunter_RealTree_Back.paa"};}

Thanks for the help. Now hopefully I can find the rest of the class names

Edited by Timber
  • Like 1

Glad to have helped you. ^_^

To found the others class, you can go in your Arma 3 folder, and go in Addons folder. You will found many pbo files, these files match with the adress that you can see in config.cpp of ExileMission.

For exemple in the part of skins:

skins[] = 
		{
			{"Exile_Chopper_Orca_CSAT", 		700, "CSAT", 			{"\A3\Air_F\Heli_Light_02\Data\Heli_Light_02_ext_OPFOR_CO.paa"};},

You can note this adress: "\A3\Air_F\Heli_Light_02\Data\Heli_Light_02_ext_OPFOR_CO.paa"
   - A3 = Arma 3\Addons    *
   - Air_F = air_f.pbo
So go in " Arma 3\Addons" folders and found " air_f.pbo " file, open it and inside you go in " Heli_Light_02 " folder. In this folder, you will found a file named "config.bin". The infos that you need are here!

To read what there is inside "config.bin" you need to convert it in "config.cpp" with Arma 3 Tools ( cfgConvert).

Et voilà !
Good luck !

For DLC choppers:
    - A3 = Arma 3\Heli\Addons

Edited by Vandest
  • Like 1

On 21/05/2016 at 1:51 AM, mark.dx said:

Hey there I want to ask, where did you put your custom textures on mission.pbo or or ExileServer ?

For future reference to anyone to stumbles on this thread as I just did on google, you must place the custom textures in the mission pbo. They cannot be on the server side.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, blacksheep25 said:

For future reference to anyone to stumbles on this thread as I just did on google, you must place the custom textures in the mission pbo. They cannot be on the server side.

You can convert them into a mod without requiring filling up your mission file with paa files.

6 hours ago, brawnkoh said:

You can convert them into a mod without requiring filling up your mission file with paa files.

Yeah but that still means the clients connecting must have that mod enabled to see the custom textures, so having it in mod form still means it cannot be on the server side as anyone not running it won't see the custom textures. :)

18 hours ago, blacksheep25 said:

Yeah but that still means the clients connecting must have that mod enabled to see the custom textures, so having it in mod form still means it cannot be on the server side as anyone not running it won't see the custom textures. :)

Nothing graphical/model wise has ever been able to be server side. My point was that instead of overloading your mission file with images, you can made a mod for them. 

Increasing the size of your mission file is a bad practice (especially if you update your servers frequently).

Advertisement