Lunchbox

Please show air vehicle damage in the hud.

6 posts in this topic

The problem I have is, I can't see how much damage the heli has while flying it. I am not going to whip out my xm8 while in flight. I've crashed before because I didn't know how much damage I took in a heli.  Please being back or make the visual indicators. 

• Like 2

+ for this

it's annoying to have the need to take a look at the xm8 for health of vehicles.

also there is no indicator how much ammo you got left in Vehicle Weapons

Advertisement
5 hours ago, Lunchbox said:

The problem I have is, I can't see how much damage the heli has while flying it. I am not going to whip out my xm8 while in flight. I've crashed before because I didn't know how much damage I took in a heli.  Please being back or make the visual indicators. 

+1 

There seems to be a commitment to style over functionality here.

I would thoroughly enjoy the ability to toggle an "extended" hud option, so I can see my weapon choice and ammo count. I've often had to hope for the best whether it's choosing the right weapon or having enough ammo to hold my ground. 

It's the only thing with the current HUD I dislike, I can deal with tapping 6 twice to see and hide the XM8 for the damage info but I don't enjoy having to guess if I'm on the right weapon or about to waste a round/missile. 

For me, it's the damage levels. Exile wasn't intended to have heavily armed vehicles in it so I'm not surprised missile count and the likes aren't included in the HUD. However, with the recent damage model changes that came with Jets DLC, I think it would be great to have some sort of indicator for the health of the major components of an aircraft.

Correct me if I'm wrong, DayZ standalone has no indicator for damage levels of vehicles unless you actually get out of a vehicle and inspect it, Right?  Maybe Eichi was trying to find something unique in-between the Mod and Standalone UI.........

Advertisement