Gerardw123

Vehicles Teleporting back to trader

16 posts in this topic

So i moved my server over to namalsk and redid the DB from scratch and all purchased vehicles teleport back to the trader on restart. I'm certain that its a database issue but after re-doing it a few times and taking different approaches hasnt done a thing. my rpts don't show shit either. Any ideas?

Edited by Gerardw123

Advertisement

You need to post more info dude(scripts mods, how long you run the server etc, how you run it is it only test or is it live, is it just rented server or dedi box ... etc...), include your rpt in spoiler as well.

I run HVP, CUP weapons and vehicles, hlc, tryk, cpc tryk, asdg and namalsk. I also run a shit ton of scripts but i know my mods and scripts dont have a thing to do with it (aside from namalsk maybe) cause it did it back when the server was bone stock. Its a rented dedi box and the server is currently a test server seeing as how i cant fix this issue. RPT Will be posted later as im not home.

13 minutes ago, Gerardw123 said:

I also run a shit ton of scripts but i know my mods and scripts dont have a thing to do with it (aside from namalsk maybe) cause it did it back when the server was bone stock.

So, it's the server hardware causing vehicles to teleport back to traders? 

4 minutes ago, ElDubya said:

So, it's the server hardware causing vehicles to teleport back to traders? 

No. Like i said I think its a database issue (or less likely a map issue) I'm just not very proficient when it comes to database triggers so thats why I'm asking.

if they teleport to trader there could be multiple reasons for it.

1. non saving vehicle position (try to lookup your database for vehicle x/y/z coordinates , do they change on player move?)

2. database is locked?(permissions/corrupted database table or rows for positions

3. script blocking position transfer( i have no idea where exile handles that , but it may be overriden by some custom script and not up-to-date) - you will find the right one if you look)

try to activate script log in your client, so you see if there is a error plopping up while the game is running

if you still can't find any solution, upload your log files,mission files and make at best some screenshot how your table vehicle is looking in the database(the properties + a set of vehicles)

Edited by hieve

On 4/13/2016 at 6:30 PM, hieve said:

if they teleport to trader there could be multiple reasons for it.

1. non saving vehicle position (try to lookup your database for vehicle x/y/z coordinates , do they change on player move?)

2. database is locked?(permissions/corrupted database table or rows for positions

3. script blocking position transfer( i have no idea where exile handles that , but it may be overriden by some custom script and not up-to-date) - you will find the right one if you look)

try to activate script log in your client, so you see if there is a error plopping up while the game is running

if you still can't find any solution, upload your log files,mission files and make at best some screenshot how your table vehicle is looking in the database(the properties + a set of vehicles)

So I just got around to testing it and it looks like its not updating the position when a vehicle is moved

EDIT: so its not updating damage points to vehicles either. Ive redone my database 4 times now.

Edited by Gerardw123

Advertisement