Hotfix

Adding vehicles that players cannot enter to the map

17 posts in this topic

As the title states I would like to add a point on the map where vehicle ammo can be refilled.
We tried with the ammo container, but we were not able to actually reload with it.

The SQF-line in our initServer.sqf file looks like this:

["O_Truck_03_ammo_F",[7471.77,17578.9,189.125],[[0.991656,-0.128882,0.00263077],[-0.0026529,0,0.999996]],[false,false]],

Everything works, except that I can't get the vehicle to be locked. I would like the ammo truck to be a point where people could refill their ammo, but not enter or destroy the vehicle. If a player enters the vehicle now, they cannot get out. I would like them to not get in in the first place.

I have tried all the four different states of lock in the 3den editor. (SQF file is generated together with m3editor)
I read that the lock states are given from 0-3 in the 3den editor, while as far as I can see it is -1 when locked in exile.

Anyone got a solution or a fix on how I should implement so that people can refill ammo from my military base?

Edited by Hotfix

You cannot set these parameters on M3Editor, you'll need to add them manually in your mission file, and set the parameters you want.

Add it in the editor, set this in initialization field: this allowDamage false;
Now set the lock option, once done merge the new content to the mission.sqm :)

• Like 1

Advertisement
16 hours ago, ka0s said:

You cannot set these parameters on M3Editor, you'll need to add them manually in your mission file, and set the parameters you want.

Add it in the editor, set this in initialization field: this allowDamage false;
Now set the lock option, once done merge the new content to the mission.sqm :)

Do you have a good way of merging the mission.sqm files? Or any tips when I do so? 

EDIT: I copied the mission.sqm output to the old mission.sqm file. Edited from 13 items to 113: (Yes, I did the math :P )

class Entities
    {
        items=111;

Edited the first class items from 0-12 apropriate numbers.

Will report back if it works.

EDIT: It did not. What am I missing?

Edited by Hotfix

32 minutes ago, Hotfix said:

Do you have a good way of merging the mission.sqm files? Or any tips when I do so? 

EDIT: I copied the mission.sqm output to the old mission.sqm file. Edited from 13 items to 113: (Yes, I did the math :P )

class Entities
    {
        items=111;

Edited the first class items from 0-12 apropriate numbers.

Will report back if it works.

Why you adding these to your mission.sqm when you can run them server side? And also having them locked is easy, just make sure enable simulation is on.

46 minutes ago, C][G GhostTown™ said:

Why you adding these to your mission.sqm when you can run them server side? And also having them locked is easy, just make sure enable simulation is on.

I made sure locking is on in the 3den editor.

The outcome when I save is a mission.sqm file. The answer above told me to merge these files.

Can you please explain for a completely new modder how you would suggest implementing this?

What I have:
1 mission.sqm file (working) that I added map icons to.
1 mission.sqm file from all my building in 3den editor. This is the one I tried merging in to the mission.sqm(from the exile server).
1 initServer.sqf file where I have placed all my objects.

All files are in the mpmission -> exile.altis.pbo

Edited by Hotfix

18 minutes ago, C][G GhostTown™ said:

Don't save, click the m3editor button at the top and click export objects :)

It will allow you to copy the code to your clipboard.

Than read through this!

Thank you.

I've tried understanding this properly, but where do I then define the lockstate of every vehicle? I exported the file with the plugin "M3Editor - 3DEN edition". Is this correct?
Copied all the SQF files to the clipboard and did what that thread told me to, but now the vehicle is not locked any more. 

Also, any suggestions on how I should make a locked vehicle not beeing able to be hotwired?

Advertisement