Timber

MAS vs CUP

Question

Im trying to decide whether to use CUP or MAS weapons for my server. I am also running Ryans zombies and FuMBs. My understanding is CUP requires CBA, which seems to be causing issues with EXILE for different people. MAS doesnt require this although I am not sure if it requires joint rails. I may also add a few vehicles from the respective vehicle mod as well. I dont want to over do it with weapons, Im just trying to add a bit of variety. For example, shotguns are noticeably missing in ARMA3 and subsequent mods.

I am wondering what experiences server owners have been having with these mods, pros/cons.

Edited by Timber

3 answers to this question

Don't need CBA to run CUP, can just use ASDG_JR(tiny mod), I don't have much complaints about cup weapons, but IMO the vehicles while they do look like the a2 version(literally uses the exact same outdated texture), do have some config differences, like glass on armored vehicles being penetrable by pistols, some odd storage and speed values, like the c130/osprey have little to no cargo, but you can store physical vehicles in the back of a c130, so that's a plus I guess.

With CUP I think you need CUP units to run weapons, also if you use CUP Weapons, remove the M24 camo, it's literal cancer

I haven't tried MAS in a while, last time I tried it it was alright, just the physics and storage was way off, but this has since been fixed. So I can't comment on this one much

Edited by Jayam
  • Like 1

TBH I avoid CUP these days (tried them last November for a month) as CBA_A3 was a pain the bum and although you can use joint rails for weapons mod you cant for unit and vehicles.

My server is set up with > @ASDG_JR;@hlcmods;@mas;@NATO_Rus_Vehicle;@RHSAFRF;@RHSUSAF; after trying most others these seemed the most balanced over all and avoid TRYK as it really is {a} over filled with crap {b} doesn't work properly since Arma update in december

Edited by red_ned
  • Like 2

We currently use Mas weapons and to be fair its a great pack that adds some quality weapons. We are planning to go CUP though for a bit more diversity with vehicles and uniforms plus it seems to be a bit wider supported. Plus I feel CUP just edges it in terms of quality and development. 

• Like 1

Advertisement