Eichi

"Where is Exile going" Follow up

28 posts in this topic

@CRE4MPIE asked very interesting question here:

Many people have been discussing this in the last time, too. If you think you have something to add, please do so here, so we have in a central place.

Thank you :) 

Several times we have pointed out the two key things Exile needs in order to bring back players and add some excitement:

• Base raiding/flag capturing
  • Max bank limit and loss of tabs on death (carry them on you)
    • This way death has a meaning and would actually cost you something, right now it doesn't.
  • Like 12

Advertisement

I really want Exile repository to be opened to the public ASAP.

I won't spend a lot of time explaining why this is a good move because I'm sure that @Eichi knows, but also I want it to introduce a new concept on this modding community. Patching files instead of redistributing it modified. Using a .patch or .diff file could be a easy way to install advanced mods such as adv banking, logging sys and others that requires a lot of overrides probably will break each Exile update, as they need to apply all modifications again to the updated files.

Also, it will be faster to implement some small fixes as the community will start sending pull requests (I'm in hope you guys use git instead of svn). Again, if you introduce some guidelines to pullrequests, some features might come before to Exile as the community HAVE some skilled devs which may be able to code a feature at a acceptable level to be IN EXILE itself.

I hope I made myself clear

1 hour ago, CEN said:

Several times we have pointed out the two key things Exile needs in order to bring back players and add some excitement:

• This way death has a meaning and would actually cost you something, right now it doesn't.

This is really all thats needed to be done and its something we have been saying for months

1 hour ago, alexslx said:

I really want Exile repository to be opened to the public ASAP.

I won't spend a lot of time explaining why this is a good move because I'm sure that @Eichi knows, but also I want it to introduce a new concept on this modding community. Patching files instead of redistributing it modified. Using a .patch or .diff file could be a easy way to install advanced mods such as adv banking, logging sys and others that requires a lot of overrides probably will break each Exile update, as they need to apply all modifications again to the updated files.

Also, it will be faster to implement some small fixes as the community will start sending pull requests (I'm in hope you guys use git instead of svn). Again, if you introduce some guidelines to pullrequests, some features might come before to Exile as the community HAVE some skilled devs which may be able to code a feature at a acceptable level to be IN EXILE itself.

I hope I made myself clear

I think going public is something that would be bad because you would see a bunch of different horrible variations like Exile Life, Exilepoch etc

1 hour ago, CEN said:

This is pretty much a resume of what we talked in other topics lately. I second those.

1 hour ago, CEN said:

loss of tabs on death - Couldnt agree more! Death is too easy and non risky at the moment!

I dont have a idea of how yet, but it needs someway of making it a rollercoaster of a ride, where one day you are the king of the server, the next you are grovelling for simple gear and only hard hard work will keep you on top.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CEN said:

This. One thousand times this.

Just need to add a risk of any form and make it non-configurable.
If it's configurable by server admins, why would they keep it?

• Like 1

When I put a system where by you loose a certain % of your poptabs when you die and the killer gets them, people raged hard, i personally like the idea but players didn't seem to. Kids allays wanting things easy and no risk involved :(

Advertisement