RX-777-BAO

Random deaths without reason

Question

Greetings,

I am currently having this particular problem in which players including myself, randomly dying out of the blue. No AI or Zombies or w/e have attacked and the character (player) dies. Please keep in mind that food / hydration are not a factor because it is always 80% each at least.

ZOMBIES ARE VISIBLE and LOCAL SERVER IS PROPERLY CONFIGURED

Is anyone have this silly problem or a fix for it?

If you need more information, I will try to post it as soon as possible.

Thank you very much.

Edited by RX-777-BAO

17 answers to this question

Advertisement

I assume this is on your own server? If not, check the Mods the server is running. Some servers are not configured properly to kick players who don't have the correct mods. The result is that zombies are invisible. They can still kill you, but you can't see them.

In short, if it isn't your server, make sure you are launching with the correct mods.

Just a thought. 

I have got into a vehicle and had another vehicle 30ft away blow up for no reason. I have walked out the door of my base at ground level and died. Exile devs really coded those anomalies well! :)

16 hours ago, papahyooie said:

I assume this is on your own server? If not, check the Mods the server is running. Some servers are not configured properly to kick players who don't have the correct mods. The result is that zombies are invisible. They can still kill you, but you can't see them.

In short, if it isn't your server, make sure you are launching with the correct mods.

Just a thought. 

To clear this up, I will post it here and in OP. Zombies ARE NOT INVISIBLE. BE NOT ACTIVATED and all mods are activated correctly.

I have had this happen to a few player's on my server. Was fine before the update, nothing in the RPT.

Will die randomly getting into vehicles or such.

I was running through a town and just fell over dead. And no nothing is configured incorrectly.

pulled out a safe out of a towing tractor and wanted to set it up, the towing tractor exploded, destroyed the whole building including myself :D

do you have radiation activated? 

4 hours ago, hieve said:

pulled out a safe out of a towing tractor and wanted to set it up, the towing tractor exploded, destroyed the whole building including myself :D

do you have radiation activated? 

If we have died of radiation, it would be too obvious and not-so intuitive to post the problem here.

I'm kind of disappointed in the "You're not helping" attitude here... People are suggesting possible solutions, and you guys are basically giving the "No, that's stupid of course that's not it" answer. If you've ever worked in IT, you know you have to start with the simplest answer and work your way up from there. Or else you'll spend all your time looking for a problem that doesn't exist, unable to see the forest for the trees. 

And when someone says something like "Nothing is configured improperly" then that just tells me you obviously don't want help. Obviously something is wrong, or you wouldn't have a problem. 

But hey, who am I to judge? Good luck guys. 

:)

• Like 1

On 3/21/2016 at 1:41 PM, papahyooie said:

I'm kind of disappointed in the "You're not helping" attitude here... People are suggesting possible solutions, and you guys are basically giving the "No, that's stupid of course that's not it" answer. If you've ever worked in IT, you know you have to start with the simplest answer and work your way up from there. Or else you'll spend all your time looking for a problem that doesn't exist, unable to see the forest for the trees. 

And when someone says something like "Nothing is configured improperly" then that just tells me you obviously don't want help. Obviously something is wrong, or you wouldn't have a problem. 

But hey, who am I to judge? Good luck guys. 

:)

But that's normal for the A3 community, is it not? When I was running my EPOCH server and asked for help people would post all kinds of insulting stuff about how noob I am and if I want the answer to something learn to code. What are these forums for then if people are just going to post insults and not offer any help? Things have been slightly more helpful here in the EXILE forums but I've still run into the occasional condescending 1337 scripter whose only accomplishment was to change a line of code that someone else had already created. I think the assumption that it seems like these guys don't want help because of something you misread in the "attitude" of their replies is wrong and by stating that you won't offer any further help is, in itself, the same attitude of which you are complaining of. No?  I think what you have to realize is that not everyone on here asking for help is the experienced "ex-IT professional" and no, they don't understand troubleshooting like you do and they're just looking for the quick fix. In these cases patience may be a virtue. But hey... who am I to judge?

That being said...

I too am having issues on my server where people are just randomly dying. I [assume] everything is configured properly considering I am in no way a coding expert. I followed their installation directions and got the results they said I would get. I edited the configs to my liking which resulted in further pleasing expectations. Everything runs smoothly and I only have the typical "Error: Bone jaw_rm doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton" errors in my server.rpt that everyone else is getting. It's actually the first time I've seen my server.rpt that error free. 

So it may not be that things are configured improperly but perhaps something is conflicting?

These are the mods I am running at the moment:
AVS 1.3.1
Advanced Slingloading and Towing
Rappelling
DMS (updated)
Occupation (updated)
StatusBar 
infiStarAH

It's possible that since the KIWI update a few addons may not be working as expected and are conflicting so unless someone finds a solution to this then I will assume it's that and update my addons as they become available. 

Btw, it doesn't seem to be an isolated issue. A simple Google search will verify that it has been happening for years.

Players Randomly Dying Arma 3 Exile

F**kin' Arma. :|

Edited by JerryAtricks

Advertisement