zombietop

What happened to Taviana?

35 posts in this topic

Advertisement
24 minutes ago, CEN said:

Martin, the original map creator, contacted @maca134 and asked him to remove it because it was ported without his permission.

what a little B***H, ruin fun because he didn't port it, good for who ever did port it, probably took a lot of work to do, smh

13 minutes ago, Tobias Solem said:

The original creator apparently is making Taviana exclusive to Desolation mod (wonderful thief devs).

original owner should just allow people to use it, and congratulate the person who was actually able to port it.

This shit happen in epoch, its ridiculous why not make one version of taviana aka the original for desolation.  And let the version that has been updated available for anyone eles. And that begs the question if its a issue of permissions , who updated within the last couple months and how did they get permission too? because i dont be-leave it was the original devs ??

Edited by DIamond
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Tobias Solem said:

The original creator apparently is making Taviana exclusive to Desolation mod (wonderful thief devs).

I am pretty sure its not being made exclusive to Desolation. Taviana was sold to OriginsMod devs for Arma 2, this was the original map http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15085 before it was sold. Now it is updated and maintained by OriginsMod and technically the version on Arma3 Launcher was stolen from them and they would never allow it to be ported while they are still making money off of it.

So yea I can see why it is off of A3 Launcher.. Which sucks for the servers population and such a good map.

17 hours ago, zach1212644 said:

what a little B***H, ruin fun because he didn't port it, good for who ever did port it, probably took a lot of work to do, smh

Not really.. It's his work, why should people be allowed to redistribute a edited version without even having the decency to ask for his permission?

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Taylor Swift said:

Not really.. It's his work, why should people be allowed to redistribute a edited version without even having the decency to ask for his permission?

Because the person who did remake it put his work into it aswell, if anything its a entirely different game, i could make the map and call it vatiana and switch a town or two..

Advertisement