WD-40

R3F + DMS = Sell your crate at waste dump

Question

Hi,

I set R3F LOG up to load crates in vehicle. I want waste dump trader to see these crates as vehicles and to allow players to sell their items from crates directly. How to set up crate class as available to sell cargo from? 

Cheers

Edited by WD-40

34 answers to this question

I started looking at making some script changes to do this, but it's a slow process since most of R3F is in French. :( Lots of copy paste to Google translate..

Edited by ynpMOOSE

Advertisement

I dont think its R3F. I'd use crate as vehicle. Basically there should be a trader script that looks for the vehicle you just drove and looks into its cargo. I want to add script to look for crates in 50m radius and do the same. 

I just checked 

ExileServer_system_trading_network_wasteDumpRequest.sqf

But it doesnt seem to be useful here.

@Eichi clould you help?

Edited by WD-40
  • Like 1

The waste dump trader can only sell things that are local to the player. The crate has been spawned server-side and thus is not local to the client. 

It might be worth a try, but you could check if there is a vehicle local to the player and see if there is a crate in attachedObjects

• Like 1

I reckon you can override the normal wastedump, make a check at the trader, that objects within certain distance from trader will be selectable in the trader, but it sure would require some manual labour code to do this, because you want to make a check that is checking inventory of i.e. carried containers from R3F / IgiLoad. It's too much effort for me to make a script for this, but it is indeed possible. 

My initial thoughts were along the lines of Eichi's thinking. Do the regular check for nearby vehicles you drove, then check for contained creates, then get the items list from each crate. Then when the core scripts go though the item valuation, add the array of crate items to the regular vehicle inventory list for valuation.

I will put that onto our todo list. I think it makes sense to add the crates to le waste dump trader, too :)

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, Eichi said:

I will put that onto our todo list. I think it makes sense to add the crates to le waste dump trader, too :)

I'll talk with Qzen, our coder, and see if its ok to give you our working code for selling crates and get the correct amount of poptabs regardless if the crate was loaded in a vehicle or not. I totally forgot about it since we've been using this since october last year.

• Like 1

Advertisement