ViBrationNC

Reduce Resources on server??

5 posts in this topic

Question.. I dont know if this is possible.. but if so.. it may help server performance?? This has to do with the number of items you base can have.. and the limit... but what if you could "Combine" walls/floors/doors" into one piece? Like on photoshop where you combine items so that it can be moved as one piece...? Not sure if that made any sense.. but instead of the server loaded up 30+ walls.. it loaded less. Say.. maybe after your made your wall/walls/base or section of base, you could mouse wheel then select combine and it would mesh all those selected pieces into one...therefor only loading that "one" section instead of a number of walls and that it could not be undone but only deleted. Like I said,  I have no idea if this is even posible, but I would think it would help with server performance. anyway.. food for thought.

I have no idea if thats a possibility but swapping my server to 0.9.6 has seen my cpu and ram use on the server dramatically decrease. Seems much better to me as far as the time ive spent on it so far. Granted I havent thrown many mods at it yet but its looking good to my uneducated eye

Advertisement

Sounds like something that isn't possible in BIS engine, in some degree functionality can be extended out of the current functions implemented, but keep in mind that isn't the worlds best game engine, it's riddled with bugs all over. :D

Advertisement