Zarbon ツ

Ability to move/deconstruct flag.

20 posts in this topic

I'll just post this here for all the people I've seen asking for it.

Would be great to have the ability to either move, or deconstruct and replace a flag, but only the person placing the flag should have access to this, not anyone who's been added to it.

I tried searching but couldn't find this already on the forum anywhere. If I've missed it, sorry. :P

• Like 11

i Like this idea.

At the moment you plant your flag and start to build, it would be nice to be able to remove it and replant it on top of your base to fly your colours more visibly so to speak.

Being able to import your own image onto the flag would be pretty cool also.

• Like 1

Advertisement

I am on board with this i hate it when you plant a flag and then a few  days later you realize that you dont like the spot you have picked and want to move, so you have to go and buy a new flag and plant it in your new spot. And this is also frustrating for server owners cause now you have an abandon base that is going to take 21 days to deteriorate(by default) and go away. Awesome idea zarbon.

@Sosad As for being able import your own image you could talk with the server owners of the server you play on and they could add it to the list and put your UID in there so only you could use it. Just gave myself a  great idea. 

• Like 1

that's a must. Players place their flags on the beginning wherever it's safe to do so.
After you do your base you want to place it in a better spot but u can't - happened to me.

Got my like

• Like 1

Problem:

I place my flag, I build 15m maximum range, then I move my flag to the 15m boundary and gain an extra 15m to build with. Rinse and repeat. Only solution I can see is if it does a check for any objects/buildables that have been placed if yes > remove option to move flag. IF no other buildables are placed or tied to the flag pole then allow it to be moved.

That way if you've build ANYTHING it will need to be striped down before being able to move the pole. 

i Like this idea.

At the moment you plant your flag and start to build, it would be nice to be able to remove it and replant it on top of your base to fly your colours more visibly so to speak.

Being able to import your own image onto the flag would be pretty cool also.

Using a players squad.xml would be interesting for a flag. Default to the exile flag while they are offline.

I also agree with being able to move the flag. The initial placement of the flag should determine the plot but after that you should be able to move the flag anywhere within your plot boundaries. Would also like to see a visual indicator of plot boundaries either toggle or on by default while moving building pieces.

Edited by Stoob
  • Like 3

No question this needs to be added.

• Option to "Pack Flag" with a confirmation warning that all standing base parts, except for Safes, will be deleted
  • Delete all base parts built within that territory
  • Drop a Flap Pole box at your feet

The player should "Remove" (pack away) all their base parts before they Pack the flag otherwise they will be lost.

Problem:

I place my flag, I build 15m maximum range, then I move my flag to the 15m boundary and gain an extra 15m to build with. Rinse and repeat. Only solution I can see is if it does a check for any objects/buildables that have been placed if yes > remove option to move flag. IF no other buildables are placed or tied to the flag pole then allow it to be moved.

That way if you've build ANYTHING it will need to be striped down before being able to move the pole. 

In arma 2 you could move the plot pole,higher up mostly as it had the bubble type range,but by moving it you would loose range on part of the building and they would disappear if you left them "uncovered". It had the option to visualize the range of the pole so you could see if you where still covering all objects.

So,let's say you have a 15 meter circle,you start building but decide you heading in that one direction,you should then be able to move the flag a tad,so it covers that direction better,15 meter still being 15 meters,moving the flag too far over,you loose coverage on the objects at the far side. Will need to be able to make range visual. Then there is always the option to upgrade to wider range to keep coverage if needs be.

In arma 2 you could move the plot pole,higher up mostly as it had the bubble type range,but by moving it you would loose range on part of the building and they would disappear if you left them "uncovered". It had the option to visualize the range of the pole so you could see if you where still covering all objects.

So,let's say you have a 15 meter circle,you start building but decide you heading in that one direction,you should then be able to move the flag a tad,so it covers that direction better,15 meter still being 15 meters,moving the flag too far over,you loose coverage on the objects at the far side. Will need to be able to make range visual. Then there is always the option to upgrade to wider range to keep coverage if needs be.

If they can make this work as explained I think it would be perfect. 

Advertisement