red_ned

[Update]36 DMS Bandit Missions (either new or reworked)

219 posts in this topic

Built on DMS_Version: "September 7, 2017" - Bandit Mission Pack V 4.0 - Mines & Launchers edition

I started just making one new mission.... I ended up recoding them all! Basically better formatted, smaller and better thought out code which gives you more control over more variations, and what's more I tried (probably not  very well) to explain it all so you can make your own.

I DONT claim to be an expert, I just keep trying until it works and I understand a bit more which is why I changed so much of the code.

Thanks to @CEN for testing since my client is really buggered, @Defent and @eraser1 for DMS, @second_coming for Occupation (and I borrowed some code which was better than mine - listed in How To document) and to @BlackheartsGaming for helping with adding cash into vehicles.

Updated June 2018 > V4.0 - Release
 Now with rocket and mine chance - mines cleaned on mission win
 Mines clear up on mission win
 Big tidy on code to make it more easy to edit
 Missions should automatically over ride DMS configuration file settings

For upgrading with standard (non-edited) versions of these missions just replace the mission.sqf files

Please report any bugs as there are so many possible combinations/permutations that I cant test every single possible mission

Updated 01 November 2017 > V3.5 - Release

Updated 14 March 2017 > V3.1 - Release
Updated 10 March 2017 > V3.1 - Release
Updated 16 July 2016  > V3.0 - Release
Updated 14 June 2016  > V2.0 - Release
Updated 12 April 2016 > V1.1 - Release
Updated 01 March 2016 > V1.0 - Release

Download includes instructions on installation, instructions on how I attempted to code it (so everyone else can have a go), and of course, the files themselves:  all my scripts/missions are on GiThub available at: https://github.com/redned70 and have removed direct downloads

Its not overly complicated to install but you need to follow instructions (as long as I documented them correctly)

Update V4.0 > notes below but now you get 36 missions giving 144 difficulty variations and more random loot and also a choice of vehicles which are randomly chosen for permanent vehicles plus chances of persistent and non persistent vehicles. Total is in the 10's of thousands off variations!

I have updated the instructions and added in a change log and also a description of how the vehicle choice/persistence is done inside the how it works file.

Please give constructive feedback (and detailed bug reports) as this was a lot bigger job than I expected but decided to finish it completely with every mission I had.

Installing.
1.  Copy contents of this folder>/missions/bandit/ into a3_dms.pbo /missions/bandit/ , you can remove old missions.
2.  Copy contents of this folder>/objects/ into a3_dms.pbo /objects/ , you do not have to replace any already in there (files dont go in the static folder)
3.  Extract main config.sqf
4. Find
 DMS_BanditMissionTypes =
5. Replace current list of missions between [] or add in the new ones, this is mine as i balanced the new missions the same as their stock mission using 3 as normal mission priority (you dont really need the old versions of any of the Bandit missions as they are all replaced in this file).

DMS_BanditMissionTypes =   [   // List of missions with spawn chances. If they add up to 100%, they represent the percentage chance each one will spawn
           ["bandits",3],
["bauhaus",3],
["beertransport",3],
["behindenemylines",3],
["blackhawkdown",3],
["cardealer",3],
["construction",3],
["donthasslethehoff",3],
["foodtransport",3],
["guntransport",3],
["humanitarian",3],
["lost_battalion",3],
["medical",3],
["mercbase",2],
["mercenaries",3],
["nedbandit1_mission",3],
["nedbuilding1_mission",3],
["nedcar_mission",4],
["nedcashbandits_mission",3],
["neddrinkstransport_mission",4],
["nedguns1_mission",3],
["nedhatchback_mission",3],
["nedhuey_mission",2],
["nedhunter_mission",2],
["nedifrit_mission",2],
["nedlittlebird_mission",2],
["nedmedical1_mission",3],
["nedoffroad_mission",3],
["nedresearch_mission",3],
["nedsnipercamp_mission",3],
["nedstrider_mission",2],
["nedbtrader_mission",2],
["nedural_mission",3],
["roguenavyseals",3],
["thieves",3],
["walmart",3]
          ];

6. Repack config.sqf and folders into PBO
7.  Put a3_dms.pbo back into /@ExileServer/addons/ on server and start.

No BE or InfiSTAR additions apart from what you installed to run DMS. this will not run without DMS.

Configuration advice in the "How it works" file in zip.

If you want to help share more missions then drop me a line.

enjoy

2016-03-04_00001.jpg

As I agreed to have content included in the bas DMS files on GitHub the following now is in effect.

License Overview:

This work is protected by Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0). By using, downloading, or copying any of the work contained, you agree to the license included.
DMS by Defent and eraser1 is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Edited by red_ned
v4.0 update
  • Like 26

The military invasion in the alternative file is that consider a static or non static? As always love your mission packs man , i rewoked a few myself but i dont have the time to do al of them and make customs like u have...#studentlife  so thank you for the content=D

Edited by DIamond

Advertisement
5 minutes ago, DIamond said:

The military invasion in the alternative file is that consider a static or non static?

If its got a mission file in the mission/bandit folder then its not static

4 minutes ago, red_ned said:

If its got a mission file in the mission/bandit folder then its not static

Cool thanks it peeked my interest im looking forward to toying with that one good work=D

oh bum, just noticed that in there, was trying something different and forgot it was in there.

That file is completely buggered sorry.

The idea was to try to make a bandit mission that only spawned in the military bases - like a town invasion.

I started it but never completed sorry as I got side-tracked doing the other stuff and left it in. will remove it to stop confusion and change download

Edited by red_ned
  • Like 1

I like the idea , any plans to work on it or do u mind if i tinker with it? I like the vmrf missions but since they are not supported anymore i always wondered if u could use dms as a frame work to try something close to what that ai mission pack does . 

updated zip to stop confusion.

will finish this mission off when I get time (exile update etc), was an interesting idea I got to allow random military bases to be "invaded" by DMS, was looking to expand to airfields when I finished it

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DIamond said:

I like the idea , any plans to work on it or do u mind if i tinker with it? I like the vmrf missions but since they are not supported anymore i always wondered if u could use dms as a frame work to try something close to what that ai mission pack does . 

feel free to tinker if you want, it was also before I really got the syntax right and was why I ended up remaking all the other bandit missions

looking back through, the randomiser for position should be

_rndpos = (0+(floor(random 7)))

plus it may need to be before the _OK and also may require the checks being modified as it isn't totally random due to it having fixed places where it can be spawned and also I found that it may need _pos []= to make sure its a string, but as I said I didn't get too far but thought using the map detect function was pretty cool.

may also be interesting not to add it to mission number so more spawn

Edited by red_ned
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, red_ned said:

looking back through, the randomiser for position should be

plus it may need to be before the _OK and also may require the checks being modified as it isn't totally random due to it having fixed places where it can be spawned and also I found that it may need _pos []= to make sure its a string, but as I said I didn't get too far but thought using the map detect function was pretty cool

When i get home from classes ill play around with it and look through the code , if i find anything out  or get farther ill pm ya=D i realy like the idea , would make a interesting mission.

Edited by DIamond
  • Like 1

Advertisement