Napstar

Insulation - new building material

6 posts in this topic

Hello everyone!

In the new upcomming patch there will be a temperture mechanic in the game. You can get to cold and slowly die. If you wear more clothes youll keep warm. You know, you read the patch notes ;) 

Well i was thinking how about adding insulation to the building materials. Either as an upgrade to an existing wall or as a material you could put outside a wall. This would keep the heat inside your base so you dont get cold. In the real world a wooden wall dont keep the heat inside very well and this could add a bit more realistic gameplay into the game. 

sorry for my crappy english :) 

• Like 2

Advertisement

I think it would be possible to add an item or a recipe to create an item that would add an upgrade to the inside of a wall. For instance right now we have the fortification upgrade when you click UPGRADE on a wall. Maybe we add 2 upgrades the first one adds the insulation on the inside and the second the metal on the outside. Which forces anyone that wants to fortify with metal to also add the insulation. Or it may be possible to create 2 different menu options of upgrading one for Fortify and one for Insulate. 

You could make Toilet Paper a required ingredient for making the Insulation. I would add that there should be a 3rd upgrade option. To add a White surface to the outside of the walls. For camouflaging the walls on a snow mountain.

12 minutes ago, DeathInc said:

For camouflaging the walls on a snow mountain.

Definitely the snow camo. It should also be possible to make wooden / forrest camo to put on walls / cover over vehicles

Advertisement