Goblincake

[SOLVED] Donation Whitelisted server?

15 posts in this topic

Like the title says a server were people can play only if a donation have been made,
Getting you closer to your goal and it avoids the general grief players, Something for us :))
A server that feels close to the develp team, And has a chance to grow into a community.

This is allowed by the BI Monetization rules, however you need to get approval for it but it is highly likely that you will get approval for it since the rules are you can monetize your server as long as it doesnt affect direct gameplay.

Here you can see some examples and get yourself approved:

https://www.bistudio.com/monetization

Goodluck!

• Like 1

Advertisement

Clearly the word "donation" is starting to lose it's meaning.
If you have to pay to play, it's not called a donation. Rather it's paying for a service instead of making a donation.

• Like 3

You have next to no chance of filling a white listed server unless you are an established host like CCG and offering something unique.

Why would people pay to play on your servers when there are countless free servers available offering exactly the same thing.

people want money from a game and gamers just wanna play the game now you even need to pay to be on a server!? either that server is empty or those players are Dumb or Rich, wel they want tro pay to play on sh.. server its their choice but i wouldn't pay a cent to play on any server.

I already paid for the game and DLC

Really? Making people pay to play on your server?

Not only will you most likely get 0 players, but your also taking other people's work to make a profit. If you add any mods to your server you will need permission from the appropriate authors unless stated in there TOS.

But what your doing is not a "Donation" it's a straight up charge for accessing content that you didn't create. Good luck getting approved.

The OP is suggesting the DEVS set up a server that is whitelisted to help them with donations.

The reading comprehension of this forum is of a third grade level some times :D

• Like 5

It's kind of shocking how nobody is actually reading what the OP is saying.

But in answer to the OP's question; Whilst reading the post this morning I suggested it to Eichi. He pointed out some big problems in having a server like this. One of the biggest problems would be DDOS attacks being that the server would essentially be a official Exile server as it would be ran by the Devs. Unfortunately jealous kids have the ability to do that through websites with a subscription fresh from mummy and daddies credit card.

I'm not sure if they have any plans to look into this in the future but I don't think they're particularly keen on the idea as of right now.

Nuiva brings up a good point: It's not a donation if you're only doing it to gain access to a server, that's a sale.

Great suggestion though... 

Advertisement