DeathInc

CBA fixes

18 posts in this topic

The CBA devs are asking what they need to fix in order for the Exile devs to use or allow CBA in Exile. If we dont tell them what the issues are, they cant fix them. So, that being said, what are the issues with CBA?

Could you please stop spamming our forum with posts on different places? We have answered your questions several times already. I know that your mates declared you responsible for this, but please: stahwp!

Advertisement

I stopped a while ago. I decided to just manually replace all the necessary code. I was kinda hoping to actually have people who have done it already successfully to post a guide of what needs to be replaced. But, everyone is tight-lipped. Some say "use the search box", like I havent already used it before posting? Im not an idiot. All the posts that show up talk about a guide but no link to said guide. so, I asked.

@DeathInc

i only replaced the onPlayerConnect and onPlayerDisconnect handlers in exile with stacked ones. like suggested here: https://github.com/CBATeam/CBA_A3/issues/154#issuecomment-147117231

it's running fine for me.

..on the other hand, i am only running TFAR on it.. which isnt much.

do you know about any other problems?

EDIT: did you see this?

Edited by =TBM= BangL

On 2/27/2016 at 8:18 PM, =TBM= BangL said:

@DeathInc

i only replaced the onPlayerConnect and onPlayerDisconnect handlers in exile with stacked ones. like suggested here: https://github.com/CBATeam/CBA_A3/issues/154#issuecomment-147117231

it's running fine for me.

..on the other hand, i am only running TFAR on it.. which isnt much.

do you know about any other problems?

EDIT: did you see this?

did you change the actual file mentioned or did you create a separate SQF file route? I am not entirely sure how to do the SQF file replacement method. I mean I see the sparse explaination on it but no example for this particular situation. Not a step by step but maybe an example for a different file or something. The only thing I saw was a reference to a separate SQF file. But what about when you want to swap some code in another SQF?

1 hour ago, DeathInc said:

did you change the actual file mentioned or did you create a separate SQF file route? I am not entirely sure how to do the SQF file replacement method. I mean I see the sparse explaination on it but no example for this particular situation. Not a step by step but maybe an example for a different file or something. The only thing I saw was a reference to a separate SQF file. But what about when you want to swap some code in another SQF?

since it's in the server pbo, you can change the original fine.

the CustomCode overrides are only needed for client files (you can also put server overrides there, though).

EDIT: btw, are you using infiSTAR? because, then you need to do more.

Edited by =TBM= BangL

5 minutes ago, C][G GhostTown™ said:

What more do you need to do with InfiSTAR?

to explain that, i would have to explain how infiSTAR works or post snippets of it. i won't do both, for obvious reasons.

but i can tell you, that it WILL revert the fix if untouched.

Edited by =TBM= BangL

4 minutes ago, =TBM= BangL said:

to explain that, i would have to explain how infiSTAR works or post snippets of it. i won't do both, for obvious reasons.

I have heard of needing to modify the server code but never heard that you need to modify InfiSTAR to get CUP/CBA working.

I know in his code you have RHS_CUP_MOD_ENABLED = true;    for CUP.

Only asking cause I am considering getting a second server up with CUP.

Advertisement