DeathInc

Please bring back Designated spawns

13 posts in this topic

The test server running on RC3 is missing the designated spawn areas that you could choose to spawn at. Or you could choose to spawn random. When running in a group, it is very annoying to respawn 6+km away from your group. It really drives people away. Also, the loot should spawn a bit more food and such.

...I think the reason behind this change was done to have players explore other parts of the map, and not the same Area ALL the time. Once its fully released I'm sure spawn locations will be enable ( added) back again.

• Like 1

Advertisement

Also, keep in mind that server admins can set up their own custom spawn points and tailor the server to their community's needs and desires, so don't worry about what they do with the spawn points on the test server unless the admin/dev of the server you play on is unable to configure their own server.

17 hours ago, Sqweeg said:

And then everyone is spawnkilling, very good idea.

Well, you might say that is already happening... whenever I'm on, it seems as if half of all kills consist of Bambi slaying. 
When the two spawn areas were active and running just after the beta went live, some sweethearts were definitely camping at those areas.

Coast-spawning is a new feature that we have tested there. It does not replace the other spawn types, but adds another possible option. This will not work well for large maps, but is perfect for tiny ones like Namalsk. We have spotted massive spawn zone killing and camping and buildings without loot because of that.

In the end we leave this decision open for server owners. But having more options to choose from is always a good thing, no? :) 

• Like 4

i use coast-spawning on chernarus. its awesome =D and the map is not exactly tiny =P

leads to strange results on maps without water i guess

Edited by Dizzturbed

The Ground spawn idea i love it! Back too the Old good Time :).   

But i think with this spawning system we need a restriction for the Respawn idea. Only with broken legs also under 50% live or somthing.

I think on poplate servers the Bambis killing himself for better Spawnpoints.

Spoiler

On the really Old arma 2 Epoch server where i played it was simple you random spawn position was every time more than a specific Range away so only spawns arivable more than 5000m away. its another idea i think its good. :D

• Like 1

Server owners should change there spwan locations each week to help move the action around the map not making it the same old death match in the same places on every server!

Advertisement