ViBrationNC

Too Hard..?

6 posts in this topic

Just wanna say something... If you make the game "too hard" to "PLAY" people will leave and look for something else. I.E. the temperature.. keys.. towing.. etc.. The average gamer doesnt have time for a 100% real life sim. They want to jump on and have fun. Accordingly.. you dont want to make it "too easy".. Sooo just keep this in mind.. DayzSA is failing because they are making it impossible to play.. remember we already have a real life simulator.. its called "real life". If you make the game to hard or to long to acquire gear/loot.. people will simply not play your mod. The game as is.. right now were it stands.. runs great.. the balances and gameplay seem fine to me.. I LOVE AND HATE the thermals... but instead of taking them out... simply add a counter to them.. like clothing that hides you from thermals.... Also.. base building and destroying a base needs some serious adjustment. Its way to easy to destroy a floor panel and get in a base. The balance is just not there.. 100's of hours playing and building lost to 4 satchels? Doesnt seem right. The base needs to be 99% secure and only lack of tactical gameplay should result in a breach. I love this mod.. but lets not ruin it by making another epoch or dayz clone. Basics.. thats it.. it works.. people love it.. dont ruin it. Good luck and see ya on the server :-)

• Like 1

i disagree with some of your observations, others i do agree with.  My own opinions follow.

dayz standalone is failing because there are 3 zombies, no AI, i have never seen anyone driving, no private servers and its still pretty glitchy.  its not too hard, its just kind of monotonous.  and every server is the same.

a game will be popular not whether its easy or hard, but whether its 'rewarding' to play.  and that is where i believe dayz was rewarding but the move to epoch and the limitless loot, vehicles, tanks, helis and weapons removed any rewarding feeling you got from obtaining a DMR or Humvee. You could just go buy one.   Do you remember the first time you found a high end sniper rifle? Or you found a random heli crash filled with loot?  You accomplished something in the game, it wasnt handed to you, you earned it and it felt good.

So to keep Exilemod popular and fun to play, ask yourself what gives you that feeling of achievement in this game?  Having a nearly impervious base that any retard can build OR building a small camp that is well hidden but vulnerable?  How about buying a rifle from the trader OR prying one from the cold dead hands of that guy you just ambushed.  EVEN better if you killed him with a satchel you planted at the door of his invulnerable base ... MUHAHAHA!!!

Now my final point is this: if the ability to use certain things is in the game, it doesnt mean EVERY server has to, or will use it.   If i want a "too hard to survive" server that nobody likes, thats my decision.  There are thousands of servers and each is unique. If the options to make things harder or easier is not available, then all servers will be the same and there might as well only be a single server for all players.

Edited by ShootingBlanks
  • Like 1

Advertisement

Playing dayz standalone since the begin of 2014, and he's still not interesting. It sounds empty.

That Exile update is making the game harder, it becomes a real survival, and that's what a lot of players are searching. (My friends and I are a part of it) Can't wait for the release. Namalsk with 30-40 players, temperature, radiations, dynamic weather and AI missions, will be the best map, for one of the best (or the best ?) survival mods. Loot is rarest, and that's right.

There will be servers in order to PVP, and there will be servers with survival parts as I said. And can't wait for it.

I hate easy games, I love difficulty. But that's my opinion.

• Like 1

I agree.. easy is not fun.. as well as hard is not fun. Your right there will be servers that offer all kinds of balances and it is the server owners decision. Personally Im in the middle more on the harder side.. but not on the side of having to play for 3 hours before finding gear/loot. I like it to be at least some challenge in finding a gun before you can get back in the PVP.  I dont agree with spawning in with a pistol/gun. Having had my own server and setting loot from 40% to 95% spawn chance.. playing with all the vehicles, building items and guns.. making small bases and HUGE bases.. I've seen what can be OP and what needs some balance. I do disagree with bases being so easy to get into... the health/strength of the walls/floors/etc needs to be greatly increased. the time it takes to build and the time it takes to destroy is not balanced at all! Nobody wants to play on a server where you put your car away.. only to come back and it and your base is detroyed every night by a few server trolls with a few satchels... and thats what alot of these servers have become.

Finding the rare sniper rifle and surviving a gun fight building your first wall.. thats what its all about.. but only if its not too hard. People who want a true hardcore survival game are the minority and they wont pay the bills sorta speak. As much as those few love the hardcore and as passionate as they are about it.. they are the only ones.... most gamers dont have that kinda of time.. sooo I was just simply saying.. keep it in the middle somewhere for the base/stock exile mod.. and then let the server owners decide on how to run their server.. My bet is on the servers that are in the middle of easy and hard will be the most popular.

DayzSA is a JOKE by the way... great idea.. failed effort. Hicks should be fired and removed from all gaming communities!!! Empty promises, hackers and a broken game and how long as it been. I have 4k hours on DAYZSA and had alot of passion for it.. but it has failed us all up to this point. Really embarrassing to say the least.

Anyway.. I have 1800 hours in ExileMod so far and Im loving it. Lets just keep in mind... to hard doesnt win!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Sqweeg said:

Playing dayz standalone since the begin of 2014, and he's still not interesting. It sounds empty.

That Exile update is making the game harder, it becomes a real survival, and that's what a lot of players are searching. (My friends and I are a part of it) Can't wait for the release. Namalsk with 30-40 players, temperature, radiations, dynamic weather and AI missions, will be the best map, for one of the best (or the best ?) survival mods. Loot is rarest, and that's right.

There will be servers in order to PVP, and there will be servers with survival parts as I said. And can't wait for it.

I hate easy games, I love difficulty. But that's my opinion.

Oh and I played this map for an hour... looks great.. however I was not really able to look at it much or accomplish anything since everyone was killing bambies over and over and over. I think the map is too small for 90% of the vehicles.. maybe quads only.. but it does seem to be a great size for boots on the ground only... maybe a 20 man server max. But looks great... maybe too small for me... we'll see. :-)

Advertisement