ka0s

EU Directive - Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations

8 posts in this topic

Hi Developers. 

Not to be an asshole or anything, but aren't most of you located in Germany? If so, you have forgotten something for the site. As per May 2011: 

The Directive gave individuals rights to refuse the use of cookies that reduce their online privacy. Each country then updated its own laws to comply. In the UK this meant an update to the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations.

https://www.cookielaw.org/the-cookie-law/

I'm pretty sure this applies for exile.majormittens.co.uk as well, just throwing it out there, had a site once where I got buttfucked because I didn't warn my users regarding cookies. :)

Advertisement
31 minutes ago, Oreo said:

There's not that in France: O

There is, it applies for the entire Europe :)

Made as simple as possible, for one of my sites for example: 

screenshot.644.thumb.jpg.f1399ae1b4be2bd

Edited by ka0s
Added photo of a simple way to implement compliancy.

44 minutes ago, Oreo said:

Ahhhh ok, I know that in any case there are no sanctions in France for this kind of thing (the big business)

Wouldn't know, but just pointing out stuff that is quite important, as you're storing cookies on the clients machines without their consent, is illegal. 

I can see 10 cookies for exile.majormittens.co.uk / exile.majormittens.co.uk, I haven't agreed to any of them being stored on my machine for example. :)

4 minutes ago, ka0s said:

Wouldn't know, but just pointing out stuff that is quite important, as you're storing cookies on the clients machines without their consent, is illegal. 

I can see 10 cookies for exile.majormittens.co.uk / exile.majormittens.co.uk, I haven't agreed to any of them being stored on my machine for example. :)

Yep you just have to accept the beginning of the visit :)

You accepted the terms and use with the creation of your account. 

Our software uses cookies to distinguish you from other users of our website. This helps us to provide you with a personalized experience when you browse this site.

As long as they don't use cookies when you are logout it should be fine or?

Advertisement