Sign in to follow this  
souredsoup

[CLOSED] How to Indicate required mods

Question

I have a server hosted with ViLayer.

Besides the obviously required Exile mod, was also run Ryan Zombies. We have several addons too for missions: DMS, VEMFr, ExileZ 2.0 and also R3F Tow script, but no other mods per-say.

We have noticed several players who are able to join the server successfully (because they have Exile installed properly), but they do not see or hear any of the zombies and as a result they are killed by an unseen foe. We have tried to let these players know that Ryan Zombies is required, but some of them still struggle with getting it properly installed and activated with launch parameters. You know...the usual advanced stuff that not all players know how to do.

While looking to see how this could be fixed to make it easier for players to join our server, I noticed some differences between our server listing within A3 Launcher and other servers that also ran Ryan Zombies. The server listings are displayed in the following format:

Server Name First | Other info such as map name or PvP / PvE server type, etc, etc.                                                                                                                                                                                                                         IP address for server | Exile | **other required mods including Ryan Zombies listed for other servers

It is in this section of the server info (marked with ** above) that it is different about our server from others I see in the server list in A3 Launcher. Having used A3 Launcher to join and play on other servers I know that it can detect if you have any required mods installed and will activate them for you when you click on the big triangle icon to play on a server. If you do not have a required mod, A3 launcher will ask if you wish to install any missing mods in order to play on the server you attempted to join. Our server displays as such:

NATO SuperMax Outbreak NX305 | PVE | @Exile | @RyanZombies                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         208.115.205.4:2302 | Exile

Does anyone have any knowledge on how to set any additional mods beyond Exile to be considered a required mod so A3 Launcher will activate them or force the player to install them in order to join?

6 answers to this question

I don't think there is a way to "force" a player to install them, but a3 launcher will ask them if they want to install the required mods. If your server has been properly queried by a3 launcher it should show all of the mods that the server is running under the name and to the right of the ip address. I know if you have recently added mods it does take some time for the launcher to recognize them, and often requires the restart of a3 launcher. The name of the server has nothing to do with what mods a3 launcher thinks that you need. 

Also you can change your server to not allow players without the required mods to join the server, then you wouldn't have to deal with people dying from invis zombies.

Right. I know I can't "force" players to install the extra mods. That is a choice given them as indicated within A3 Launcher and they can always choose not to install any missing mods.

By properly queried by A3 Launcher, do you mean using this link to have it check your server?    http://data.a3launcher.com/home/check

I have also been looking among the tons of server related config, .sqf, .txt, etc, etc, files for any indication of a place to list required mods and cannot find anything. Can you point me to the correct file that would contain that info so I could set the server to not allow players to join who don't have a particular mod I want them to have, like Ryan Zombies?

Advertisement
1 hour ago, souredsoup said:

Can you point me to the correct file that would contain that info so I could set the server to not allow players to join who don't have a particular mod I want them to have, like Ryan Zombies?

It's located at the top of your mission.sqm under class mission "addOns" ;)

Don't know if you have solved this or not, but if you have @Ryanzombies installed, then what you need to do is open up your mission file, navigate to your mission.sqm located in the main folder. At the top you will see this: ( If you are running Altis)

version=12;
class Mission
{
	addOns[]=
	{
		"exile_client",
		"a3_map_altis"
	};
	addOnsAuto[]=
	{
		"exile_client",
		"a3_map_altis"